Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 C'Mere deer or Buck Grub? >

C'Mere deer or Buck Grub?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
C'Mere Deer
26.09%
Buck Grub
56.52%
They both work just as good
17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

C'Mere deer or Buck Grub?

Old 08-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default C'Mere deer or Buck Grub?

I recently got a scouting camera, and am looking for the best food attractant, that can be used from right out of the bag... Do you guys like C'Mere deer or Buck Grub better?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:42 PM

Default RE: C'Mere deer or Buck Grub?

Me and my brother used C'Mere Deerlast year. During archery season and did not like it.Deer paid no attion to it. Havent tried buck grub though. Maybe ill give it a shot.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:50 AM

Niether!! C'Mere Deer is pretty poor and has actually ruined good hunting areas for a while. Buck Grub works but is expensive. Just go to your local feed store and pick up a bag 50#-100# of RICE BRAN. It is ground to a white powder. Use it in little piles about one foot tall and watch the deer love it. You will crack up watching the smaller deer with face fulls of powder trying to lick it off. If you want to put down something with a flavor try Buck Jam in the Pracimmon (Spelling?) flavor. I had four eight points licking the stuff at one time last year. Here is the site describing the Buck Jam. You can buy it at the local Wal-Mart.https://www.evolved.com/home/products/habitat/mineralsandsupplements/buckjam.aspx
Good Luck,
Erics. Stacy
Old 08-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

I used buck grub last year.. 1 bag and it never even got touched that I could really tell anyway.. I was shocked... I put it in a great spot that I know their was alot of deer and it was poor... Dont know why... Never used the c'mere deer... Just went back to the stuff nature provides... I used alot of different baits years ago and just never seemed to have a good buck use it, They were at night because I have pics of some giants using it at night but during the day it was does,fawns and 1st and 2nd year bucks.. No mature bucks.. Not to say it cant happen I just never had great luck with big bucks over bait..
Old 08-11-2007, 12:02 PM
t3

what ericstacy said, just go buy some rice bran. as for the cmere deer, my uncle bought some last year and they never touched it.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:08 PM

i havent tried c'mere deer but buck grub worked good 4 me.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used buck grub once... Put out a 10# bag and went back the next day and it was gone!!!! Leaves too!!!! Never tryed it again... Just a little to expensive for me
Old 08-11-2007, 12:51 PM

Neither! We have tried them both and nothing. Try Lucky Buck...that worked well for us!
Old 08-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

One of the farmers up where I hunt got a good laugh at my exspense. He gets a kick out of pointing out how gullable "City Folk" are. He says you can buy a 50 lb. bag of basic cow minerals for 7 dollars OR go to Cabellas or BassPro and spend $35 on 10 pounds of the exact same stuff served up in a bag with a picture of a big buck on the front! Minerasl do help. I have seen mineral spots that bring in deer for years after they have been put down.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Neither. Cant bait here in Indiana.

Quick Reply: C'Mere deer or Buck Grub?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.