Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Big Name guys... >

Big Name guys...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Big Name guys...

Old 08-05-2007, 12:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Big Name guys...

How many of the Big names visit this forum???

We all know that Ralph and Vicki are here by default, but do you ever think Chuck Adams, Primos (group), realtree (group), andon andon,hits HNI????

Makes ya wonder, they aren't too different than us in reality...[&:]
Old 08-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Big Name guys...

Makes ya wonder
well i never really thought of it, untill NOW! But yeah, good question. Ted Nugent would have to be here all day/night reading posts about himself.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Be honest. If you were a "big name guy", would you be on here? Sure, if you loved to defend yourself at every turn. Trust me, these folks get tired of being bashed for doing "this wrong" and "that wrong", "hunting here" and not "there"..."this way" and not "that way". It gets old fast! It's too hard to please everyone!

Nope, they like their peace and quiet away from the spot light. They'll write when they have something important to say. Beyond that, it's mucheasier to lay low. Have you ever noticed that Chuck Adams doesn't advertise his trophies anymore? Why do you think that came about? Did you know Jim Shockey actually received a bomb in his mail for being an SCI measurer? Do you think he's going to further his exposure? It sad really...we all lose! There is so much to learn from the big guys! I wish we could all check our egos at the door before entering!
Old 08-05-2007, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been hanging out in here all the time since February and haven't read a bashing story about any of the big name guys. Except for Jimmy Houston's high fence hunt that is.

Chuck Adams' trophies are advertised on all of his bow ads. Open a "Bowhunting" magazine and on every 1 of his ads it lists the size of the game he shot.

Just because they make money at a sport doesn't mean they are any different than any of us.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just finished reading this in another thread....

lol this joker isn't much of a professional. I just flipped on the tv, in time to see him stalk a muley, it was walkin straight in towards him, and when it spots him, it starts to spook. it looks like it might start running, so he lets loose an arrow when it was facing STRAIGHT TOWARDS HIM. how idiotic, looked to be somewhat of a far shot too.

I understand that people make mistakes, but he went on to brag about the shot, saying man i smoked him, what a great shot. lol I guess broadside is overrated these days. He did recover the animal, but instead of admitting to screwing up and teaching a lesson to the viewers, he continues about a good shot. O well, not everybody is as good as Uncle Ted.[8D]

CASE and POINT! It's too hard to be perfect when your not equiped with wings nor halo.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

I dont think very many big names visit here. If they do they sure keep quiet. Why would they want to have to defend themselves all the time. Someone would always be taking stabs at them. There is always someone upset on here because they dont like what the other person has to say. Its an opinion and everyone has one. But some think their opinion is all that matters. So I dont blame the big names if they dont come here or say anything... Just my opinion...
Old 08-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

no big names? I am on the forum
Old 08-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Carpmaster

How many of the Big names visit this forum???

We all know that Ralph and Vicki are here by default, but do you ever think Chuck Adams, Primos (group), realtree (group), andon andon,hits HNI????

Makes ya wonder, they aren't too different than us in reality...[&:]
Yeah I am here on a daily basis[8D]
Old 08-05-2007, 09:33 AM

me too.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:40 AM

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

I've been hanging out in here all the time since February and haven't read a bashing story about any of the big name guys. Except for Jimmy Houston's high fence hunt that is.

Chuck Adams' trophies are advertised on all of his bow ads. Open a "Bowhunting" magazine and on every 1 of his ads it lists the size of the game he shot.

Just because they make money at a sport doesn't mean they are any different than any of us.
Good post...exactly my thoughts. Most of these guys are doing what we would all love to be doing. The only reason I could see bashing them(outside of something like what Jimmy Houstan did) is out of pure jealousy.I believe they are mostly regular guys that love hunting and are just lucky enough to have figured out a way to make a living out of it. More power to them.

Quick Reply: Big Name guys...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.