Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

releases

Old 08-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Spike

Default releases

I just got a new bow for xmas last year, I have tuned it and am very happy with the way I am shooting. My release is about 6 years old and I don't want to take a chance of it failing on me. I shoot a tru fire split fire I believe its discontinued, would changing my release throw my tune off or should I go to new hieghts to find a few of these releases??
Old 08-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: releases

I really like my Tru-Ball Stinger. Very reliable and works great. I think you can't go wrong with any Tru-Ball releases. Very good products in my book. If I had the the money, I'd grab a Cater Chocolate Addiction. Lots of adjustablity there.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:29 PM

Anything from Tru Ball is great, and TruFire is good as well. I personally like the TruBall better, they are more smooth, and get a cleaner release of the string, IMO, but I'm no expert. I just got the TruBall Titan and really, really like it.

Scott makes mighty good releases as well.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are alot of good ones out there, I like the Cobra that is fully adjustable personally. I was able to set it exactly how I wanted it easily. Plus it hands down out of the way since it's on a roller ball..

Scott, Tru Ball, Cobra, and many more. Go try a couple out, you'll find one...
Old 08-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Theres a ton of good ones out there...id consider it for sure!
Old 08-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

I have been shooting Scott for several years and have had good luck with them. The main selling point for me is they are dead quiet. Some of the cheaperbrands make a lot of noise upon release. I have a Mongoose and a Little Goose and Love them both.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Typical Buck

just get a new one they make good ones at ery reasonable prices
Old 08-05-2007, 10:25 PM

Everyone has there own preferences to releases. If you change the style of the release you are shooting you will have to adjust to the new set-up. I shot a Tru Ball Stinger at first and used it for about a year and then I tried a Tru-Fire Hurricane and ended up switching because I liked the feel of it better and I liked the trigger closer to my finger. Its all personal preference though. Some people may like a hair trigger that release when you barely touch it and some like it to take a little more pull back.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Dominant Buck

YUP, it's a personnal thing. I bought a trueball years ago and it made noise. It had a squeak in it no matter what I did. I switched to Scott and have shot them for years. Shoot a bunch of them and decide.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:11 PM

Has anyone shot the Stanislawski Eagle Release? It is a back tension style release with a middle finger trigger.

Quick Reply: releases

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.