Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Traditional Shooters....anyone shoot a hoyt recurve? >

Traditional Shooters....anyone shoot a hoyt recurve?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Traditional Shooters....anyone shoot a hoyt recurve?

Old 08-01-2007, 07:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Traditional Shooters....anyone shoot a hoyt recurve?

I'm just starting to look....and was wondering if any of you had ever hsot a gamemaster II by Hoyt????? If so...what are your thoughts?

Anyone? Frye? Buehler?
Old 08-01-2007, 07:24 AM

Default RE: Traditional Shooters....anyone shoot a hoyt recurve?

I have a the original Gamegetter and enjoy shooting it. I am still a compound shooter and just bough the recurve to mix up my practices. At one point this summer, I really contimplated hunting with it this year.

Mine is set up with cat wiskers, and limbsaver and shoots really quiet. I think after I chase my antelope for a while, I might break it out and go after prairie dogs.

Not knowning much about recurves, I can tell you that I am very happy with mine and haveno regrets about buying it. That's a lie...I missed a bunch when I first started shooting it and ruined a few arrows. I had a little regret at that time, but now I can shoot it.... I say get one!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm just starting to look....and was wondering if any of you had ever hsot a gamemaster II by Hoyt????? If so...what are your thoughts?
It's a Hoyt, ain't it? Duh! It's good.

They're starting to pick up quite a following. Everyone that's got one seems to love it. The Gamemaster is a sweet shooter. Kinda stacky when you pull 30" and beyond but that applies to all factory bows. If I remember right, you don't draw anything like 30", so it'd do fine.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Arthur....

I just happened to be watching road trips last night....and the one Waddel was shooting looked OK. It was an old Gamegetter. I'm still a novice archer....and definitely will be a fish outta water in the recurve world......but I thought it looked as good as anything else (and I do want to hunt with it one day).

Hoyt -- Smoyt. If bowtech made one...we wouldn't be having this conversation
Old 08-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe think about real traditional and look into longbows and stickbows.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hoyt -- Smoyt. If bowtech made one...we wouldn't be having this conversation
Yeah, but they don't and we are. [8D]

Old 08-01-2007, 08:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Not sure I want my first endeavor to be full 180deg turnaround. Shooting off a riser is something I don't want to ditch right way......I don't think.

But...if I knew I could get a quality longbow (I DO like the looks of them, better) for a similar price.....I'd go that route.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy got a GameMaster for bowfishing and it is great.I've shot one too, looking to get back into trad archery, and they are sweet. I am probably going to with a longbow, drawing as far as I do, but the Hoyts are pretty sweet.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

There's nothing wrong with using an elevated rest on a trad bow. A lot of OLD old timers are simply astounded that shooting off the shelf is so popular now. They proved an elevated rest is more accurate, way back when. It was a big item of dispute back when I was a kid, in the mid-50's and early 60's.

I like the simplicity of shooting off the shelf. I like that my arrow rest will not fail unless my bow breaks. I like the capability of getting an arrow loaded and shot in a matter of a few seconds when it's either shoot now or go home empty handed. But for tournaments, I'd have the rest mounted.

I believe the Gamemaster gives you the capability for both options.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Already taking the traditional plunge GMMAT?
I thought that was for the crusty guys. [8D]

One day I will probably give it a try (once I feel like I'm a semi-accomplished
compound bowhunter). Building your own bow and killing a deer with it seems like one
of the ultimate challenges, short of jumping on their backs and stabbing them in the
heart like the Team Voiders.

Quick Reply: Traditional Shooters....anyone shoot a hoyt recurve?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.