Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

We are lucky

Old 07-31-2007, 11:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default We are lucky

I was sitting here at lunch planning out when and where I will be hunting.

Season in KY Opens Sept 1st I may shoot down and hunt some public ground just across the border from Ohio. The 20th - 23rd I will be hunting in Ky.

I will be hunting Ohio opening weekend 29th and 30th of Sept.

I will be in MI Oct 1st at my place. I will hunt MI pretty much until the 15th of Nov.

Than back to Ohio 17th Nov until there gun starts(weekends only) I get to hunt whole month of Jan in Ohio. I get a full 4 months to bowhunt, man is this not a great place to live!!!!!! And I get sure it with you guys

Old 07-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: We are lucky

I get sure it with you, too, germ!

I'll be hunting lil ol NC until around 1st of Nov....then to PA for a weekend.....then back here until mid Dec.

Only 3 months for me.....but I'll be whooped when it's done.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:42 AM

And I thought I was fortunate to get 54 days to hunt. [&:]

Washington State loses again! [>:]
Old 07-31-2007, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

We are lucky at that, I will be leaving for wyoming on sept 29th for 10 days and then I come back and hunt wisconsin for awhile and then its time for tennessee duck hunting late...Sweet..
Old 07-31-2007, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

sometimes it is good to just step back and look how good we/all of us have it sometimes......it is a good feeling....hunting from August 18th until October 28th in CA (all public land) then to KS from Nov 28th to Dec 9th for rifle season..........crossing fingers for a monster...but any whitetail will do .... first time ever hunting these monsters....i should be a pro with all the hunting shows i watch..Drury, Realtree, Primos, etc....

Old 07-31-2007, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I seen the skeleton in Kentucky of an out of state Bowhunter sitting in his tree stand inSept a while back, the skeeters, ticks and chiggers had torn his flesh from the bone and only a gut pile was left at the bottom of the tree!
Still up in the air for me for Ky in Sept, Ill do the opener in MI, Head to Southern Maryland (not much better for ticks) from mid to end of Oct, got to be back in Mich for Halloween with the grandkids and then leave for Kentucky till the opener of their Rifle season.
If I dont use my tag in Ky in the first part of Nov will head back for another crack at it in Dec.
How did your scouting go in Ky this year?
Old 07-31-2007, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will get to hunt deer from Sept 15 to Jan 31. I will be hunting foxes Aug 1 to Jul 31.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Head to Southern Maryland (not much better for ticks) from mid to end of Oct,
Not bad at all for ticks this year. I think the drought has really kept them in check.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

I seen the skeleton in Kentucky of an out of state Bowhunter sitting in his tree stand inSept a while back, the skeeters, ticks and chiggers had torn his flesh from the bone and only a gut pile was left at the bottom of the tree!
Still up in the air for me for Ky in Sept, Ill do the opener in MI, Head to Southern Maryland (not much better for ticks) from mid to end of Oct, got to be back in Mich for Halloween with the grandkids and then leave for Kentucky till the opener of their Rifle season.
If I dont use my tag in Ky in the first part of Nov will head back for another crack at it in Dec.
How did your scouting go in Ky this year?
Terrible did not see any deer sign I think all the deer are with Cougs in TN.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lucky you .... congrats sounds like you got everything well planed out
Hey ... can I come along , I'll pull your camper for ya

Quick Reply: We are lucky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.