Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Mathews FX vs Legacy/Patriot >

Mathews FX vs Legacy/Patriot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews FX vs Legacy/Patriot

Old 12-31-2002, 08:43 AM

Default Mathews FX vs Legacy/Patriot

I've got the bug for a new bow although not sure why. I have been satisfied with my FX both in accuracy and in ease of tune. If I buy a new bow, it will probably be a Legacy but I might look at a Patriot. I think most of us would agree that equipment does not make the hunter/shooter. So I was wondering from those of you who have shot both moderate priced bows such as the FX and the high-end priced bows, what difference will I see and is it enough to merit the upgrade, or am I falling prey to marketing that has me thinking I need something I really don't.

Bowhunter's Paradox - "I hunt for food but refuse to eat until I can shoot it with a bow."
Old 12-31-2002, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mathews FX vs Legacy/Patriot

You are falling for the maketing, LOL but that's not a bad thing. The Fx is one of the better bows on the market, especialy in it's price range. the other bows will be a bit quieter, and have less "recoil" with the same draw length arrow weight and draw weight. You will probably enjoy shooting the other two bows more, but for hunting I don't think you will see a bit of difference. I don't buy new bows becuase they will make me a better bowhunter, I buy them becuase I love the new styles and models that come out every year. That keeps me shooting more, and keeps me intrested. Get the new bow, and keep the fx for a backup.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 12-31-2002, 10:18 AM

5 Shot it right on this one.There would be some differences but if you still enjoy the FX dont change.But then again we all can use just a few more bows.I have a Legacy and a Q2XL love um both.But probably going to get rid of the Q2XL for whatever Mathew's comes up new for this year.

SAVE A HUNTER EATA PETA
Old 12-31-2002, 10:47 AM

The Legacy and Patriot will probably be a little smoother with less recoil and noise. Since changing to the Legacy, I shoot more often.

Old 12-31-2002, 12:23 PM

Unless you just have that much extra money burning a hold in your pocket, I wouldn't buy either of those. I definitely wouldn't buy anything until after the show when all of the new bows come out. That FX is a very nice bow for the price, and a nice bow at any price. With Limb Savers, a good stabilizer, and some form of string silencer, there won't be much difference in the Legacy/Patriot bows and your FX. If you just want to get new toys, take that extra cash and deck the FX out with a Muzzy ZE rest, really nice sight, nice (and matching, of course) quiver, etc.

Edited by - Jason McCurry on 12/31/2002 13:24:01