Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews Legacy?

Old 02-06-2002, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mathews Legacy?

I'm not sure if I'm going to like the new Legacy. I like the idea of the string damners(stoppers) on the ends of the limbs but the cabel roller guard has me worried. I have a feeling that it will make noise if for some reason it starts to rust or if it gets dirt caught in the wheel. What do you all think? I'm waiting for one to arrive at the pro shop so I can shoot it. I shot the Q2 for the first time last week and loved it. If you are all thinking why I waited so long, its because I bought my MQ1 the same year the Q2 came out(didn't wait for the AMO show that year). I didn't want to be dissapointed for not waiting to see the new line up which half of me regrets and the other half doesn't. Don't get me wrong, MQ1 is a great bow but I just want a new bow. Just relieving that itch that we all get sooner or later.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:23 AM

Default RE: Mathews Legacy?

I am stuck on this one too! I like the looks of the legacy & the roller guide should work good but I also question how it will work under hunting conditions such as dirt getting in it, snow, ice, etc. I also like the idea of the string dampers but once again question how long the rubber material will last & if it is a good idea to drill 2 holes through the limbs for them to be attached to. I wonder if the limbs might crack due to stress.

I am down to the legacy, Q2, and Q2XL. I think I might wait a little before I buy, see what happens with the legacy first.

I am leaning towards the Q2 or Q2 XL right now but once I hear how the legacy holds up then I may go with it.
Old 02-06-2002, 01:07 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-06-2002, 07:30 PM

As far as a wheel guard is concerned there have been wheels on guards for a long time. The cool deal used to be those little wheel units on the cable guards in the place of sliders, then there was the Jennings/Bear unit that has two pivot points. Going way back we even had the 4 wheel and 6 wheel bows, which existed for a variety of reasons, but in part eliminated the cable guard. In any case, we already have those wheels on the end of the limbs, so I don't see the reason to get worried at this point.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:52 PM

have any of you guys heard anything else about the new bows blowing up???? i want one but dont know if that rumor is true. i would not think they would put something out on the market that would hurt people. they are the best or the best in my book. kinda seems like mathews haters are trying to mess up their rep for making great bows.......
Old 02-07-2002, 06:21 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-07-2002, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

I spoke to a mathews pro shooter and he told me that the new bows out this year are not as well made as the bows in the past. If this is true I dont know. I also did hear about a riser breaking at the AMO show. Dont know if its true either. Bottom line though I wont be getting a mathews this season. The reason being they dont fit my style of hunting.
Old 02-07-2002, 12:57 PM

Last year there was a bunch of stuff about Mathews quality failing. I don't know what the truth is, but it looked better to me. That is just based on the bow I bought, and the ones I looked at. I was shocked when I finally saw one. I really wasn't expecting much, after all the running down, and they were the nicest bows I had ever seen. No question the colours were poor quality. My rootbeer was nice, if you like cherry red. But aside from that I didn't see anything to worry about. Certainly my one bow tells me nothing about how well they would last. Quality control is all about there not being any bad one. Getting 90% perfect constitutes a big failure, so I can't speak for the wider market. But them few people really can.
Old 02-07-2002, 05:33 PM

what cracks me up is this, it seems everyone thinks all these rumors & posts are true. the bottom line is all companies have good products for the most part, every once in a while one will get out there that has a lot of problems. hoyt hase them, mathews, has them, bowtech, etc. etc. etc.

if bows are blowing up on people all the time wouldn't you think they would be getting lawsuites all the time? wouldn't people be getting hurt? wouldn't people stop buying them?

I have nothing against any company out there. I like some design better than others. right now the design I like the best is the Q2. once I see the legacy then I will make up my own mind if I think it is better than the legacy or some of the new hoyts, pse, etc.
Old 02-08-2002, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

I agree w/ moonge. I don't think theres a Co. out there that make a bad product. Mathew has way to much on the line to make a bad bow($$$$$$$).

Quick Reply: Mathews Legacy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.