Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sweated my butt off! >

Sweated my butt off!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sweated my butt off!

Old 07-29-2007, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sweated my butt off!

I put up a trail camera yesterday on a spot on a mountain where I have consistently seen Bear sign.I had marked the spot on my GPS.It was a pretty decent hoof.It was hot and wet,lot's of high grasses,ferns,mountain laurel.Had a pack on and was carrying a rifle.There are rattle snakes on this mountain.So the fact that my glasses kept fogging up while I was walking through thick stuff had me a little on edge.It's nice to see clearly where you are putting your feet.
Confirmed that there is a bear in the area,I saw a small pine tree that was cleanly snapped off recently.Hopefully I will get some decent pictures.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Sweated my butt off!

a practical tip when walking through snake country, always watch where you put your step and only look around when you stand still.
I would have trouble with the bear though' !!!

good luck

F.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Scot - once your recon yields some results and you nabsome pictures up there, shoot me a few of them - I'd like to see some of the terrain up there. Man, I hate snakes. This spring, it gotparticularly one afternoon inearly April- and I managed to step on a big black snake that must've woke up early, and was sunning in a field where I was shed hunting. He was not pleased, and taggedme right in the boots. He won the battle, but I won the war. Still not sure how a guy manages to step on a snake while SHED hunting (where all you do is stare at the ground)but I did it. []

I tend to stay away from the venomous snake areas - used to scout and pick a lot of ginsengaround snake-infested ledges and have come across enoughtimber rattlers and copperheadsto realize that I'm probably overdue for a bite.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's another tip try using gaitors , i know you might sweat i little around the ankles but its better than a bite . Post some of them bear piccy's on here too , i'd like a look at them .
Old 07-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea, be sure to post pics when you get them!