Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who dislikes this? >

Who dislikes this?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who dislikes this?

Old 07-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who dislikes this?

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

theres not anything wrong with it. these "tv hunters" are in it for profit. they have to make a good and successful show. they still love to hunt i dont dout that, but when you put their income onthe linethen it becomes something more than hunting. bill jordan, by the way, doesnt pay for his hunts. they are given to him. look at it from a ranchers point of view. if you are trying to sell hunts and you let bill jordanshoot a buck off of your place, thats free publicity. think of all the good things these famous huntersalways say about the ranches and all the people that watch monster bucks videos. give him a 170 inch deer which is going for about $7000 to $9000 in texas. but, because of the videos, rich hunters who just want to shoot see bill jordan saying "this is a great ranch and i look forward to coming back." they think, man i would like to be elbow to elbow with these guys i watch on tv. what happens next you ask. the rancher fills up all of his spots and makes a lot more money than he has been.
EXACTLY!!!! saved me some typing
Old 07-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont think its a bad thing if they hunt a few days with a bow but cant get it done, but then the last day or so they use their rifle. But, if they cant get it done with a bow and all of a sudden pick up a gun, thats not right. Whats next, cant get it done with a gun so he picks up a bomb??
Old 07-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bill Jordon is a non hunting lazy peice of !@#$

I wouldnt be surprised to find outr that he was gay
Old 07-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Dominant Buck

I have little use for most of the TV personalities hunting.

Let's put it this way......if I had taken a shotgun into the turkey blind with me this year.....I would have been tagged out after 8 days (with 2 mature toms).....and it wouldn't have meant a damned thing to me. As it goes.....I went on 25 BOWhunts and bagged a nice jake that I have at the taxidermist, right now.

If they're OK with themselves.....I'm certainly not upset by it.

It is what it is.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Fork Horn

I don't like when they switch in mid stream either, but I do understand the business end of it as well. You guys are wrong about the shows not paying for hunts. I have filmed for a number of different shows and they do have to pay for most of their hunts. I filmed an Elk hunt in NM on a private ranch a few years ago, and the show paid 12k per hunter to be out there. Most of the ranches these days don't need to give hunts away for marketing reasons. A chance at a 400 class bull has people booking solid for 2 years out. I think most of the shows have sponsors that are paying that overhead. This is just my 2 cents and what I witnessed while working on a couple of shows.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whats next, cant get it done with a gun so he picks up a bomb??
ORIGINAL: kdsberman

Uh, I think it pretty much stops at a gun. Besides, I imagine that killing a deer with a bomb
all while not killing yourself would be quite a challenge.

I don't have a big problem with it, although it does look a little unprofessional on a tv show.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not my cup of tea either, but I also hunt with a bow during gun season. I think you should finish with the weapon you start with.

Shane
Old 07-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

I know an outfitter and he has told me the stories of what they want and how they want everything to go down. They wont pay for the deer, they will offer air time for the outfitter...
Old 07-25-2007, 03:08 PM

even if the outfitter gives the hunt it doesn't cost them anything. They don't pay for the deer.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LebeauHunter

Whats next, cant get it done with a gun so he picks up a bomb??
ORIGINAL: kdsberman

Uh, I think it pretty much stops at a gun. Besides, I imagine that killing a deer with a bomb
all while not killing yourself would be quite a challenge.

I don't have a big problem with it, although it does look a little unprofessional on a tv show.

i was obviously being sarcastic...

Quick Reply: Who dislikes this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.