Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shooting with both eyes >

Shooting with both eyes

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shooting with both eyes

Old 07-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Shooting with both eyes

I was taught to shoot with both eyes open. I do close my left eye first to get lined up and then open it and am ready to aim and shoot. I like being able to see what's going on around me.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Dominant Buck

I used to close the left eye. Then, I would start out with it closed and then open it. Now...I just leave it open throughout the shot sequence.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:00 AM

I do, didnt for a long time and then tried it and my accuracy has gone up immensely
Old 07-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Both open here. Just takes a bit of getting used to it but you field of view increases to 100 %.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Always shot two eyes. If I close my left eye it feels like the target is farther than it acually is. Two eyes is the way to go IMO.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

I wish I could, but I'm another right-handed, left-eye dominant guy. I wish I would of known this at a young age I would have started shooting (guns and bows) left-handed.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I try to always shoot with both eyes open be it bow or gun (I was always told this was the
"right" way to shoot).

But, on longer archery shots (30 yards and beyond), and depending on the light, I sometimes
have a little trouble seeing double. When that happens I close my left eye right before the shot.

I am definitely right-eye dominant, so this is probably more a case of needing to update my
contact lens prescription.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both open here. Just takes a bit of getting used to it but you field of view increases to 100 %.
That would be from a 50% field of view with one eye closed, right?
(Sorry, Mowtown. I couldn't resist.)

I'm currently trying to learn to shoot with both eyes open, and at 20 yards, I can do it well. At 30+, I'm terrible. I can't seem to put all the imagery together. I have noticed that at 10 & 20 yards, keeping both eyes open makes ita lot easier to settle the pin on target, so I'll keep working on it.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

makes a huge difference!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:35 PM

As I said above I have only been shooting this way for about two weeks now, but I am very excited about it. What I like about both eyes open is:

-being able to see the target or game in full view, aposed to losing the target while getting it into the peep sight
-with both eyes open my follow though is much better
when I was shooting with one eye,after the shotI would jerk to look around my bow to pick up the flight of the arrow, now I am able to see the entire flight of the arrow
-I can also get lined upfor the shot much faster
-not to metion better accruacy and morerange

Let me askyou guys this:Of those of you thatshoot with both eyes open how manyuse a peep sight or a kisser button?

Quick Reply: Shooting with both eyes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.