Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Catawba archery rests? >

Catawba archery rests?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Catawba archery rests?

Old 07-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default Catawba archery rests?

Anyone own one of these? How do you like it? I want a total containment rest for my new bow, and I kinda wanna stay away from the WB because of the fletching stories I've heard. I have found an online site where I can purchase one called the "hostage", is it the same as the "still shot"? They both look just alike. Anyone have any good websites that have these for order?
Old 07-22-2007, 12:46 PM

Default RE: Catawba archery rests?

Bowtech bought the rights and renamed it, hence the Hostage. I have one and it is great. I used to be a big fan of the wisker buiscuit, but it would ruin all of my fletchings. The hostage holds the arrow just as well, but has yet to damage my fletchings. Hope that helps.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:16 PM

If you like plastic equipment, the catawaba is the way to go IMO.

I had the chance to play around with one a while ago.

Helical fletched arrows come into contact with the stiff fibers, resulting in crazy arrow flight and almost no downrange consistancy.

On a cheaper carbon arrow, the whiskers made noise as they rubbed against the gritty carbon shaft.

I was able to take the plastic mold injected frame and bend it quite a bit. On a bow, I don't want that.

All of these combined made me look into other rests for hunting.

Best of luck!
Old 07-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

Wow, MDBUCKHUNTER, thanks for the info. I just don't want the fletching damage of the WB. I def don't want any negative effects on accuracy further beyond the inaccuracies that the WB incurs. So would you say the catawba or the WB is more accurate? I am hunting on a budget and use carbon fury arrows from Bass Pro, so I geuss these would fall into the noisy section of arrows.

BTW, what part of MD are you in? I am from Hagerstown and still have a lot of family there.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

My Wildfire came with one, and I liked it at first but within a month the bottom wiskers wore down and the arrow would fall off. Not what I want to worry about while hunting. Replaced it with a QAD Drop away, and I like it alot. Hope this helps

SCBigBuckHunter
Old 07-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Use a QAD or get a biscuit and shoot blazers. It doesnt mess them up at all. I shoot a fall away but when big game seasons roll around i put my WB back on because i do a little stocking and i like how it holds the arrow in. But a full containment fall away will work just as good if not better.

good luck