Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rests

Old 09-13-2004, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rests

OK here is the deal I am having rest issues. I went to a shoot this past weekend and my rest has fallen and I can not get the damn thing to stay up. I have had numersous problems with this particular rest. Does anyone have a rest that they may recommend that is simple and dependable?
Old 09-13-2004, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rests

I am not sure if you are using standard style tm hunter style rests or drop-aways but im using the NAP quicktune 3000 and I love it.I think next year I may try a drop-away myself as alot of people on this board swear by them

OK here is the deal I am having rest issues. I went to a shoot this past weekend and my rest has fallen and I can not get the damn thing to stay up. I have had numersous problems with this particular rest. Does anyone have a rest that they may recommend that is simple and dependable?

What rest are you using?never heard of a rest that wont stay up.Is the screw stripped or the thread in the riser.Try a little loc-tite on the screw and snug it down firmly.Hope this helps
Old 09-13-2004, 06:04 PM

I'm still pretty new, but I've had no problems at all with my NAP Quick Tune 3000 either.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

If it's the standard TM style of rest it sounds that maybe the spring is gone or has come out of place.

nubo
Old 09-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

There are numerous rests I would suggest.

What attributes are you looking for in a rest? That would narrow it down a bit[8D]
Old 09-13-2004, 07:11 PM

I truly think the trophy Taker fall away is one of the most simple and easy rest to use.

Shoot all competions and hunt with mine for over three years.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bodoodle Pro 500 and the Bodoodle Pro Lite....after years of competition 1000's of shots, and rest changes, I'll never shoot anything else. IMHO.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Rob I checked out your rest and I unfortunately can not see myself spending that much for my rest but they looked special.

What I am looking for can be narrowed down in three choices one, looking for something that is easy to work with I dont need that continual tinkering. Two, is it dependable out in the field. Third, is it under 80 bucks. Things are tight around here so that house I am planning to upgrade to has put a pinch on the wallet!
Old 09-14-2004, 06:19 AM

Get it a Medic Alert Bracelet. I had this same problem with my grandma, and this helped tremendously!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Just Kidding!
Old 09-14-2004, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Going by what you said I would suggest a Whisker Biscuit. They are extremely simple to use, very reliable and take little tuning to get them set up. You naver have to worry about your arrow falling off the rest and they are around 50.00. Personally I shoot a Muzzy but I have a few relatives that use WB's and love them. There are also alot of other members on here that also use them and have had alot of success with them. Here is a link to them on Cabelas site if you want to check them out. Good Luck.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...=&cmCat=search

Quick Reply: Rests

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.