Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Keeping things in perspective. >

Keeping things in perspective.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keeping things in perspective.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Keeping things in perspective.

Couldn't have said it better myself Cougar. Why miss out on a nice clean harvest that will make you happy, for a buck you may never see.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

if i see a buck that makes me shake, and makes my heart start pounding, its a shooter. plain and simple.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Dominant Buck

You guys are way too sensitive.

I said the number one criteria when public perception was involved.....was location.

That's it. It's not even debateable. I can understand not wanting people to think what you were doing was "easy" (though that doesn't bother me, anymore).....but to think you aren't (metaphorically) born with the silver spoon in your mouth....if you live in one of the big buck states.....you're really being a bit disingenuous.

I don't envy you. I'm not complaining about the deer I hunt. I'm making an observation.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:12 PM

You know.......Until the other day, I didn't think there were any MATURE bucks running around my area. Why? Because in 3 years of hunting my balls off I've never seen one.....Never. My parents live on the farm, and they've NEVER seen one either. NEVER.

Guess what? He's there, I laid eyes on him the other day. Folks, MATURE bucks ARE, emphasis on ARE, there......Are they hunted harder in some places than others? Sure. Are there as many in some places as others? No. Does a mature buck get as big a rack everywhere? No. But they ARE there, we just have to get off of our McDonald's eating, remote control using butts, get out there and FIND them.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Dominant Buck

gmat

One day when you have even a little bit of experience to back your non stop opinions on mature bucks (that you have most likely never saw before) I may actually listen to your opinion beforeI disregard it, unlikely however.
I have no opinions on mature bucks. never claimed to. I know where they reside and where they don't flourish.....and so does everyone else. That's all I was saying.

I killed a 3.5 yr old last year (which, in my novice book....is a mature deer)......and I've seen another as or a little older. But who am I to argue with you? I only hunt here.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have to admit that this is just damn near the funniest thing I have ever read.
You fawn killing bunch of looses need to move to buckville and shoot the first thirty five does you see.Then and just then you might be righteous enough to let those tempting six pointers pass.
After you pay the land owners back child support and only then should you hope to be found acceptable and tolerable to shoot the stag of the state.
You lucky Bastarrd.

Hey coug shootem all and have a great time doing it.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:18 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

gmat

One day when you have even a little bit of experience to back your non stop opinions on mature bucks (that you have most likely never saw before) I may actually listen to your opinion beforeI disregard it, unlikely however.
I have no opinions on mature bucks. never claimed to. I know where they reside and where they don't flourish.....and so does everyone else. That's all I was saying.

I killed a 3.5 yr old last year (which, in my novice book....is a mature deer)......and I've seen another as or a little older. But who am I to argue with you? I only hunt here.
Can we see that picture again? I'm by NO means an expert, but I don't remember that buck having the appearance of a 3 and a half year old.....
Old 07-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Based on this reply and quite a few PM's I guess Gmt must be one of the only people who cannot understand what I have been trying to say all along.
LOL....So you've got people PMing you telling you that where you live has nothing to do with the chances of your successes with big deer? That they're everywhere, equally.....and that the guys in some states just aren't trying as hard as you?

I believe that.....lol.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Dominant Buck

What does a 3.5 yr old from here look like, mobo? (and for the record....Im only going on the word of my taxidermist.....who's won national awards)

And "somehow" the conversation has meandered from "big" deer to "mature" deer. I've never argued that mature deer weren't everywhere. They are.

Right on Matt.... [8D]
Exactly. He said he'd change his location if he was serious about hunting big bucks.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL....So you've got people PMing you telling you that where you live has nothing to do with the chances of your successes with big deer? That they're everywhere, equally.....and that the guys in some states just aren't trying as hard as you?

I believe that.....lol.
Last bit of convo I am having with you........

I swear you cannot read something and process it..... Because of this and good advice from some of my buddiesround hereI choose to no longer engage in any type of conversation with you in the future.

Take care.

Quick Reply: Keeping things in perspective.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.