Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Keeping things in perspective. >

Keeping things in perspective.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keeping things in perspective.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Keeping things in perspective.

Tonight while sitting on stand hoping to see some deer I did some thinking. I looked over my left shoulder to see a nice 6pt. He was almost identical to the buck I killed last year. As he fed 20yds away oblivious to my existence I remembered just how happy I was to take a deer that size. I sat there thinking just how happy I would be to kill a deer of that size with my bow. At that point it really put things in perspective for me as far as goals and what "shooters" are. My "new" definition of a "shooter" is ANY deer that would make me happy. It's easy to sit here at the house and think up goals and restrictions for yourself without getting out of the house and seeing what deer you have. Moral to the story, I have a new outlook on what a "shooter" is for me.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:40 PM

Default RE: Keeping things in perspective.

Well said. Anything that makes a person happy is a trophy to them. I have said many times my blood gets flowing 10 times more shooting a doe with my bow than shooting a 130" buck with my rifle.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

Tonight while sitting on stand hoping to see some deer I did some thinking. I looked over my left shoulder to see a nice 6pt. He was almost identical to the buck I killed last year. As he fed 20yds away oblivious to my existence I remembered just how happy I was to take a deer that size. I sat there thinking just how happy I would be to kill a deer of that size with my bow. At that point it really put things in perspective for me as far as goals and what "shooters" are. My "new" definition of a "shooter" is ANY deer that would make me happy. It's easy to sit here at the house and think up goals and restrictions for yourself without getting out of the house and seeing what deer you have. Moral to the story, I have a new outlook on what a "shooter" is for me.
Well said !!
Old 07-16-2007, 08:01 PM

You said it--perspective, and you are right in line! Don't lose it.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Dominant Buck

You know....

As much as I've been talking about shooting does.....don't think I won't shoot the first buck that tickles my fancy...........then the next one if I so choose. I woudn't be surprised if I didn't take a buck, this year.....but I could just as easily take one OR two.

I'm gonna do like you cougs.....and shoot whatever I want to. I'll know it when I see it......but if it's a buck...it's going to have to be something to go on the wall.

Good luck, buddy.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

dude for a young fella you have a good head on you shoulders...makes people think about that post a few days ago about listening to youger people
Old 07-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well said cougs!! GMMAT cougs is my ROSS shooting buddy, Get your own[:-]

Old 07-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Soooooo, it oter words you thought about QDM but now you've decided against it??? I remember you singing a different song, I guess that was very short lived![&:]What happened to that "mature" buck that you said you wanted? Perhaps the realism of the sacrifice and dedication seemed a bit more of an obstacle than you could overcome?

One more thing, WHAT IN THE WORLD were you doing sitting in a deer stand before the season opens ?!? One thing is for sure, you'llforever shoot yearlingswith stunts like that. Stay away from your deer until you can hunt 'em! It's no secret that the first time of two you hunt a fresh stand will be te best chance you ever have at a quality deer from that location. It does indeed take a totally different mindset and dedication level to get in the game and one must be honest with himself about just how far he's willing to go. Good luck this Fall with whatever you want.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

Well said cougs!! GMMAT cougs is my ROSS shooting buddy, Get your own[:-]
It's taken me a while but I'll have 2 ROSS'S soon. Going to try to set the 337 up into a spot killing machine once the Cardiac gets here.

Quick Reply: Keeping things in perspective.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.