Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Keepin' Ya Safe 2 >

Keepin' Ya Safe 2

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keepin' Ya Safe 2

Old 07-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Keepin' Ya Safe 2

I did this last year in hopes of promoting treestand safety, and would like to offer the same to a couple fellow bowhunters again this year.

Here's what I have:
1. Summit Full Body harness system with lineman's belt, prussic rope attachment and suspension relief strap.
2. Big Dog Full Body Harness system. (Both harnesses are brand new in the package w/ instructions.)

I am offering these up free andI only ask 2 things of anyone who would like one of them..........only take it if you need one, and PROMISE to use it if you do.

I know there are still a few of us out there for whatever reason do not wear one, and I know cost is a factor so this one's on me. Maybe I can keep one of you wing dings from taking a header this year.

PM me with your full name and address. I'll take the first 2 names I get and randomly pick who gets which one.
I'll come back on here and update the post when both are spoken for.

Stay safe out there!

Old 07-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Keepin' Ya Safe 2

Very nice Matt, very nice. Thanks for doing that.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya Matt, thats really nice of you
Old 07-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

Very classy move MATT!
Old 07-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great thing your doin!

If i didnt already have summits harness system i woulda pm'd you.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice Idea Matt!! I need to take inventory and do the same thing!

Dan
Old 07-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

awesome Matt. its the people on this website that keep me comin back....we got a good group here. Good job Matt

i cant figure out why guys choose not to use their harnesses. these days they got 100 different styles and i havent seen a stand NOT come with atleast a basic one. why risk it?? i keep tellin my good buddy to start wearing his for his own sake...he says he dont know why he dont wear it but he is honest and says he probably wont start. thats the first thing i do when arriving at my hunting location is strap on the harness....i want to come out of the woods on my own 2 feet just how i went in...
Old 07-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mauser06

awesome Matt. its the people on this website that keep me comin back....we got a good group here. Good job Matt

i cant figure out why guys choose not to use their harnesses. these days they got 100 different styles and i havent seen a stand NOT come with atleast a basic one. why risk it?? i keep tellin my good buddy to start wearing his for his own sake...he says he dont know why he dont wear it but he is honest and says he probably wont start. thats the first thing i do when arriving at my hunting location is strap on the harness....i want to come out of the woods on my own 2 feet just how i went in...
I've worked construction my whole life. Being up high and climbing has always been pretty much an everyday thing for me. I used to never wear a harness and it was nothing for me to be 25' to 30' up in a tree. One night my Brother in Law didn't come home. We were not sure where he was even hunting. A few hours later we found him alive, but Spine was broke. They air lifted him out. I was there for the whole ordeal. He was one of the toughest guys I ever knew, and let me tell you he was in some severe pain that evening. I NEVER get in a tree anymore without being hooked up. Stay after your friend!! You might just save his life somewhere down the road.

Dan
Old 07-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

wow meanV...thats exzactly what i dont want to happen. could happen to anyone. i almost took a couple spills last year. once was a rainy day and i was close to falling...another i didnt strap in the climber and it about fell with me in it...anything can happen....

i get on my buddy year after year. offered him a harness figuring maybe he didnt own one and didnt wanna buy one...he said he had a bunch of them laying around. one day i will get through....just hope its before he wishes he had one on.

i wont leave the ground without being attached. just aint worth it. ya it takes me a minute longer to climb...ya it seems like a PIA...but i will do ANYTHING to ensure i live to hunt another day....
Old 07-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

well done, thanks for thinking of people, maybe next season i might be able to do the same

Quick Reply: Keepin' Ya Safe 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.