Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 This makes me sick >

This makes me sick

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This makes me sick

Old 07-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

Default This makes me sick

This is from Indianasportsman.com. Im appalled at this. I know weve been over the Jimmy houston thing. Needless to say Im mad...

Jimmy Still Not Welcome In Indiana.... [/align][hr]

http://www.real-hunters.com/full.swf THE VIDEO

Here is what Jimmy Houston said in his defense.
First, I want to apologize to any hunter or non-hunter who has been personally hurt or damaged by my deer hunt at Bellars. The primary inference on the video produced by the National Wildlife Federation is that I shot or was hunting drugged deer and that I
was doing it in a 3-6 acre pen.

1. The Federal Drug Administration asked me for three packages of the meat to test for drugs. I had no idea what drugs they were testing for - I actually thought they might be looking for a steroid maybe used in raising big deer. They tested the meat and found no drugs. Then they asked me if I would give them the rest of the meat. I voluntarily did this and this meat was also tested. I specifically asked the FDA agent at the trial if any drugs were found in my meat and he told me NO-there was none. By the
way, we had already eaten some of the meat and it was perfectly ok.

2. I was not hunting in a 3-6 acre pen. We were hunting in a high-fenced area and the stand that they had me in was within 10 yards of a fence. This fence went over the hill and we could not see how far it went. As I testified in the trial, we went over the hill and never did reach the other end of the high fence. There is no way I could estimate the size of the area. It could be 50 acres, it could be 500 acres. The entire high fence area, as I was told was 1200 acres, but, yes, there were section fences. The fence that is seen on the video is the same fence we were beside. There is video shot in one direction and video shot in the other
direction of the same fence. Bear in mind that the camera was in a different stand than the one I was in. I got in this tree stand at 7AM on this morning and shot the deer at 11:10. That is over 4 hours. It was 20 degrees.

3. Russ Bellar did come out and check on us around 9:00AM. We saw several deer; we even saw a deer go under the fence. The buck I shot was a 6 ½ or 7 ½ year old buck and was chasing a doe. There were literally hundreds of deer on Bellars place. At the time, nothing seemed unusual other than it was really cold. I completely agree with all hunters about shooting drugged deer in pens. This is wrong. I share your same passion and have spent my entire life hunting and have worked diligently to promote,
protect and preserve this great heritage.
[/align]
Old 07-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This makes me sick

Talk about trying to spin the story. Apology NOT accepted.Stick to kissing fish on the mouth Jimmy![:@]
Old 07-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Typical Buck

Someone here recently asked me what I thought the definition of unethical was,well here your answer sir.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:29 PM

I do not have enough information to make a judgement, but it is definitely an interesting video that appears to show some highly unethical activities. Either way, this type of commercialization ofhunting is very unfortunate for all parties involved--except anti-hunters.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:30 PM

He is just trying to insult our intelligence. What a loser!!!
Old 07-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think we should forgive him...he was very verycold! I cannot even start to understand how someone could shoot a animal under those circumstances and try to further their career! WTF! Just words have killed careers(zumbo) these actions surelyshould. I can't believe I had forgotten about this. I'm at a loss for words![&o][X(][&o][X(]
Old 07-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Fork Horn

This kind of s#$t makes me want to kick them in the jimmy. What a crock of you know what this is.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is a very disturbing video and it appalls me greatly. Houston is a horses behind as is anyone associated with this industry.
BTW, anyone know the explanation as to why that arrow bounced off that deer?
Old 07-15-2007, 05:00 AM

Unbelievable... you've got to love the part where they restarted the scene.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW , them guys must be real proud to have spent all day hunting and to bag a deer from such long distances withthe rifle ( NOT ) .

As for the bowhunting ass who's arrow bounced off , what a D!#K .

Quick Reply: This makes me sick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.