Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Anyone like Benchmade >

Anyone like Benchmade

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone like Benchmade

Old 12-29-2002, 07:48 AM

Default RE: Anyone like Benchmade

I agree Benchmade makes a good Knife...nd uses goos Materials (Steel). I had one more Benchmade Knife once... called a Spike. It was neat, except a Tactiacal Knife, (Weapon)
I traded it, to a Knife Shop. (he still has it). I did'nt want it, cuz it was'nt for huntin... and I like to use my Knives. They quit makin the Spike a good bit ago though.
That Shop also has a couple Spyderco Knives. One's a Wayne Goddard design, and the other a Native II.

It aint Braggin if you back it up...
Old 12-29-2002, 08:55 AM

Paul, you piqued my interest 'cause I remember the same thing. When Benchmade started in 1990, their knife selection was primarily Bali-song knives. I remember owning a Bali-song (back in the 80's) with the same image (the butterfly), but the brand name was Gypsy. Benchmade used outside contractors when they first started, I wonder if they bought out Gypsy?

Old 12-29-2002, 05:01 PM

Personally I have six benchmades, and they are all excellent knives. This year I have been using the Niravius Cub for hunting; and so far it has easily handled the gutting chores on two whitetails.

Compared to other knives out there Benchmade knives are priced on the average par. The blades and handles are durable and they hold an edge. Yes you can find less expensive ones, but that's what you get.

Gerber's are okay, but they don't hold an edge. Case, Buck, Schrade, etc are generally inexpesive knives but are not the quality of years ago. Spyderco and CRKT are two other great options for knives-great edge, easy to shrapen and high quality. If money is not an object Chris Reeves knives, Stryder, Emerson are the way to go.
Old 12-30-2002, 06:03 AM

There was a guy featured on "Adventure-Bound Outdoors" that makes custom antler-handle knives. Look up their website and they probably have info on him since they did a signature series collectible through him.

The most important bloodtrail leads right to the foot of the cross
Old 12-30-2002, 06:27 AM

I have had my Benchmade 9050 for a little over a year now. Love this knife. Best one I have had yet. Althought I have not had that many!
It being an automatic, makes it all the better. Although it is not really needed, it is nice to play around with!