Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So, what do you wear? >

So, what do you wear?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So, what do you wear?

Old 07-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default So, what do you wear?

For the past couple of years for rifle hunting I have just worn my Mossy Oak Break-Up jacket and jeans when hunting, along with a face-mask, camo Auburn hat, and camo boots. Now that I am going to dive into bow-hunting, I want to conceal myself to the n'th degree. I am considering buying a full base-slayer from scentblocker out fit and going with a 3-d suit from bass pro along with a 3-d head-mask and cap. I am just curious as to what the members of this forum have found to be their favorite, and what to stay away from?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So, what do you wear?

I like the predator camo
Old 07-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Site Bouncer

Chris,

First, welcome to bow hunting, I'm sure you will find it as addicting as I have over the years. As far as clothing is concerned, it's pretty much a personal choice. If you feel better using 3d suit or scent blocker go for it. You will find those who believe in it and those who don't think it's worth the cash. There are many different camo patterns to choose from as well and again you will hear pro's and con's on all of them.

As for me......I buy what's on sale and in my size (4XL) so I'm not picky. I usually hunt with genuineUS GI BDU pants and shirt in the warmermonths and some kind of waterproof jacket in the colder months to go over my BDU's I like to dress in layers as itgets down righ cold here in Illinois inlate december and January. I like to wear rubber boots, I have two pairs, one un-insulated and the other with 1000 grams of thinsulate for those before mentioned cold months.The main reason why I wear rubber boots is that I hunt near creeks and the rubber boots areslightly higherso it makes crossing themeasier, otherwise I'll wear my regular waterproof hunting boots.

There are a lot of opinions here and really none will be wrong, it's just different for each individual. I hunted many years in solidUS GI "Olive Drab" and never had a problem arrowing deer.

Good luck and welcome aboard
Old 07-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Dominant Buck

BigJ gives great advice.

Buy what you can afford....and what will keep you comfortable. We spend (as a group) a LOT of time in the field....on stand and in blinds.

I buy comfort, first (fabrics).
Old 07-11-2007, 03:36 PM

A pair of mossy oak bibs and insulated coat. A HNI ball cap and plain old boots. Like said above, its all on what you can afford and prioritize.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer Predator or Asat!!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:51 PM

I like the new mossy oak break up pattern in the remington garments. In canada it can get pretty cold so I like the comfortof the remingtgon parkas.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

You will have to choose your clothes like evryone else said price and comfiness! I myself find camo jeans and a thin long sleeve camo shirt for early season! As the season rolls into the colder days I recently purchased under armour cold gear suit last year add that with what i wear in the early season and i stay comfy and not so bulky! When you chose your camouflauge just think about what will blend in at the time of the year you plan on hunting! Early season~~ Realtree Hdwoods Green~~ Late season~~ Realtree Hdwoods! Or anything in that effect!

Ohhh and for maximum comfiness youre gonna wanna really look for the rightface mask and gloves!If you end up with an awkward facemask or gloves it can get really aggravating![:@] Well at least for me! Good Luck
Old 07-11-2007, 05:22 PM

Opting for the Predator this fall. Check out the many threads about this camo on this forum. Check out the black and white pics of different camo patterns.

For rifle hunting....carharts or any ol camo.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:41 PM

www.enigmacamo.com

Good stuff. Nuff said.

Quick Reply: So, what do you wear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.