Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Expandable Broadheads >

Expandable Broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Expandable Broadheads

Old 07-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Expandable Broadheads

I was thinking about switching from normal broadheads to expandables, but I am still not sure about it. How many people shoot exandables and do they work?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:46 PM

Default RE: Expandable Broadheads

First I must get the "legatlities" out of the way. Please don't use mech's as a bandaid for a poorly tuned bow. Bow tuning is equally important here....Ok, having said that....

Mech's are awesome. They cut big holes which equate to more blood loss. Some guys don't like them, and that's fine. Good, quality mechanical work very well. Rocket, Rage and G5 to name a few.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been using them for about 5 years now without ever having one fail to open. And they die real fast with a 2" hole thru their lungs. Easy to find when you see them fall over too.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

I used the crimson cuda's last season and left a blood trail that was absolutley massive. I am how ever considering the Rage expandables. I'm hear nothing but good things about them
Old 07-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

i am going to be using rage 2 blades this year.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Spike

i shot rocket hammerheads last year. good results but blades tend to curl over.i had a grim reaper not open 2 years ago so iwon't beshooting those again. ill be trying the rage 2 blade this year. heard nothing but good stuff about them.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:29 PM

Spitfires..been shooting them for 2 years and see no reason to change(expandables). I may kill something w/ a slick trick(fixed) this year to see what all the hype is about.
Is your bow shooting hard enough for expandables?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:29 PM

Expandables are not legal everywhere. You can't shoot through the mesh on ground blinds with them. And some ranches have a "no expandables" policy. Having said that, I am looking forward to trying the Rage 2 Blade this year.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also maker sure you have enough KE to get deep penetration w/ them, unless you using the newer styles like Rage or something similar.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot tightpoint fixed blade broadheads and love them however i definatley wouldnt be opposed to shooting expandables. I would probably go with the rage 2 blade. Ive heard nothing but good things about them

Quick Reply: Expandable Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.