Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you guys ever check out the field journal... >

Do you guys ever check out the field journal...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you guys ever check out the field journal...

Old 07-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Do you guys ever check out the field journal...

section of HNI? There are some great entries to be read in there, if you ever get bored go and check them out if you haven't yet. I wish I could write journals as well as Shed does

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/
Old 07-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you guys ever check out the field journal...

I usually get there a couple of times a week. Good stuff in there.

Yes there is more than the forums!
Old 07-09-2007, 09:33 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I just did earliertoday to catch up. Where isyour summer scouting journal with lots of pictures???

Tim
Old 07-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Not really. I'm usually working on my own field journal... (of sorts). A field journal from a private farm in Kansas or Illinois or where ever usually doesn't do much to help my hunting in NY on public or semi privateground. Really, think about it... what does Tiffany have to offer to help my hunting. LOL
Old 07-10-2007, 03:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TJF

I just did earliertoday to catch up. Where isyour summer scouting journal with lots of pictures???

Tim
I have a ton of pictures and video of some really good bucks.... One is a big double main beamer..... A few other large framed bucks as well. The picture and video quality is not good enough as I can only get to within 250 or so yards of them. This farm is one of two of the places I hunt that is in beans this year. I can post some photos after work but they are a blur fest.

I need a handheld camera with a higher pixel count to be able to zoom in and crop the pics from taking the photos from that distance. My cam is only a 4.0 10X model (it was pretty sweet back when I bought it though). My buddy has a 7.1 10X model I am going to borrow to see how much better the quality will be.

Hopefully I will be able to update my journal soon enough with some good photos.

Also against my better judgement I put a game cam out there..... I seemed to have gotten away with my intrusion as the bucks have still came out to feed early everyday since I put it out. Keeping my fingers crossed.....
Old 07-10-2007, 06:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've fallen behind in my journals.[&:]
Old 07-10-2007, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I've fallen behind in my journals.[&:]
Same here... But I'll be picking up here in within the next month!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Slackers! Your'e both fired! Nevermind the fact that I haven't done one in awhile either.

And Mr. Miller - there's journals in there from quite a few "average joe" hunters like myself, Scott, Joey, Rob, Troy (shed33), etc. We don't hunt glamorous farms or travel the world hunting stuff you've never heard of. We just do what we can with the land and time we have, and enjoy ourselves while doing it. I'm sure you can appreciate that.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:51 AM
Bartender

I couldn't agree more justin. I have 35 acres to work with and 3 others are hunting this and it seems to work out for me.
ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

Slackers! Your'e both fired! Nevermind the fact that I haven't done one in awhile either.

And Mr. Miller - there's journals in there from quite a few "average joe" hunters like myself, Scott, Joey, Rob, Troy (shed33), etc. We don't hunt glamorous farms or travel the world hunting stuff you've never heard of. We just do what we can with the land and time we have, and enjoy ourselves while doing it. I'm sure you can appreciate that.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I really do enjoy reading them. I think it is interesting to see what your buddies are up to in their corner of the world

Like with my man shed, I can read about big whitetails, bear, elk etc etc.... or keep up with mobow and his pursuit of that elusive buck, KShunter and his Kansas bucks, Dukemichaels and Justin chasing those IL whitetails, Robpa and Matt pa's pennsylvanian whitetails... Oh no waitMatt is a slacker

Pretty cool I say.

Quick Reply: Do you guys ever check out the field journal...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.