Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fletching

Old 07-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fletching

Ok so I bought a Bitz and was looking at it and wondering why everyone thinks this is the best jig out there. I have not had alot of expirience with fletching jigs but this just seems very plain and not what I expected.

You put the vane in the clamp and then only a magnet holds it in place. I thonught it would be a little more stationary I guess. Once I get my wraps fromonestringer and get to use it I guess I will see how it works.

Why is this thing so great?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:51 AM

Default RE: Fletching

I have only owned a Bitz, but believe that it is simply more durable than other jigs. I have heard that the magnet is rather strong versus other jigs.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

A quality all metal jig with a superior magnet and precise adjustments, what more could you ask for? Sorry it can't actually apply the glue and fletch your shafts for ya! [8D]
Old 07-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

That would be nice if it could apply the glue as well. I guess I just thought of something different in my mind before I got it. It just seems like there would be a better way to hold those in place other than a magnet.

The magnet is very strong from what I can tell just playing around with it.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:25 PM

You truly have to play around with all the other jigs to fully understand the advantages of the Bitz.

The Bitz doesn't usecheap plastic like Arizona EZ and doesn't use thin aluminum like the Jo Jann.

The Bitz has a power magnet that will allow you to fletch arrows even in a hurricane once your house blows away.