Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New eyes for this season >

New eyes for this season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New eyes for this season

Old 07-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default New eyes for this season

Hello friends. I was wondering how many of you have had laser vision correction? Last week I had the surgery to correct both eyes, and I have to say...man Oh man is this amazing!
With how sharp and crystal clear everything is right now I can not wait for the season to begin. I have to wait a bit longer to begin my practice shooting, since the Doc said to take it easy for the 1st 10 days. I have not experienced any of the negative aspects they said could happen with this procedure, such as night glare or halos or anything like that.
Anybody here had this done? What was your experience like?
Thanks
DW
Old 07-07-2007, 08:10 AM

Default RE: New eyes for this season

i would like to have it done. I have been wearing contacts for years and years

rick
Old 07-07-2007, 08:17 AM

I had Lasik four years ago and I'm glad I did. My healing process was a little rougher than average and it took just about a year for my vision to stabilize, but I have no regrets.

My vision is now 20-15. The only time that it isn't crystal clear is at dusk. This is due to my large pupils and the fact that the treatment area was a little bit smaller than the size of my pupils when it's dark.

I'm very satisfied though!
Old 07-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Typical Buck

I had it done in 2001, sure wish I could have done it 25 years ago. I went from 20-400 to 20-15. I had bifocals in the fourth grade. I haven't had any problems yet either. I still have bad night vision though, They told me that the procedure wouldn't help that. Good luck and happy hunting
Old 07-07-2007, 11:44 AM

Two relatives of mine have had it done within the last two years, and both wish they would have had it done sooner.

For some reason, my vision is no longer as good as it used to be in my right eye. Anything farther than 10 feet away and it blurs out unless I have both eyes open. The left eye isn't as bad, but it seems to be getting there. If things get any worse, I'll be seeing about having it done myself.