Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anybody wanna trade? >

Anybody wanna trade?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody wanna trade?

Old 07-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Anybody wanna trade?

Here's a thought I had the other day.

I've got tons and tons of deer hunting and archery magazines (not catalogs). If I send you ten....will you send me ten you have thoroughly read. Mine are all in good shape.....and though part of me wants to hang onto them....I'm a minimalist at heart. If I didnt feel bad for reading them and tossing them....I would.

So....I send you ten....you send me ten (or five...I don't care). Even if I get back some like I have.....the few dollars I spend on shipping would be better than buying just one over the counter.

Either this....or some of you youngins PM me your address, and I'll send 'em your way. I'm gonna clean mama's house a little.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anybody wanna trade?

What kind of mags do you read? anything in particular?

Old 07-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

thats a great idea Jeff....i read mine...let them sit around a while...then usually pitch them in bulk mom used to make me once a year or so. now i do it on my own will...when im moving out of my dorm room every year i usually pitch a pile...just easier to pitch them than move them down 7 flights of steps...lol

lately i gave up on magazines...more advertisements than anything else...i can understand some...but between advertisements and biased writers talking about what their sponsors wants to sell that month they seem to be a waste...
Old 07-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

I need to get rid of some as well...
Old 07-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Magazines have found a good home to a young hunter.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey GMMAT... it's called recycle. Send those old magazines back to the shredder. What are you, a pack rat? Now if you got a bunch of old Playboys laying around I suspect you'll be stampeded.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:50 PM

i still have all but three hunting magazines ive ever bought. catalogs get tossed except the hardback cabelas, but every single magazine stays.

i have fur fish game, field and stream, outdoor life, kentucky game and fish, kentucky afield, deer and deer hunting, turkey and turkey hunting, turkey call, bowhunter, petersons hunting, petersons bowhunting, idk but alot more lol.

prob around 300 -400 total if i counted. idk why i keep em but its just something ive hung on to. i have 5 years straight of kentucky game and fish and still have a three year subscription. probably wasted money but i love reading abiut new gear techniques places.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a number of subscriptions,after I read them I give them to one particular friend and/or my nephews who hunt.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

My wife is an Escrow Officer in a title company. I donate my magazines to her office. There is just something wrong with having to sit in an office waiting area and having nothing to read but, "People", "Glamour", and "Good Housekeeping". My show of support to the men of the world.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

You are thinking along the lines of what I do... I like to donate them to doctors offices, hospital waiting rooms, asst. living and the like so people waiting can read them or some of the older people can read them.. Either way though it is alot better than to just put them in the trash bin...

Quick Reply: Anybody wanna trade?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.