Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Chuck got me thinking.... >

Chuck got me thinking....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Chuck got me thinking....

Old 07-03-2007, 03:49 AM

Default Chuck got me thinking....

After looking through old posts that I missed in early June, I came across the one about Chuck's article on Aluminum arrows and that really got me thinking about switching. I don't know if it is my cheap Readhead Carbon Fury arrows but I can never get those things tuned. I think that it hasreally come down to the best arrows being between expensive carbon or carbon/aluminum arrowsor no so expensive aluminum arrows. What areyour thoughts on the differences between carbon and aluminum? Does one have to worry a lot about aluminum bending and having to straighten them? I know this has beenbrought up many times but I am hopingsome new info and thoughts can be shared. Thanks guys!!
Old 07-03-2007, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Chuck got me thinking....

I have been using aluminum arrows since I started bow hunting over 10 years ago. At one time I did switch to some carbons butI could not get them to shoot worth the darn. I shortly switched back to my good old trusty aluminums. The one good thing about carbons is they are either straight or busted. The buad part about aluminums is most are only good for one shot but are cheaper to replace. If you can consistantly get a good pass through you can reuse your aluminums but make surte they are pretty straight. I have one arrow I call Pass Through. I have shot 4 deer with that arrow and still not bent. Clean, replace the blades and youre good to go!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

I started using carbon arrows about 12 years ago. They have been great to me. The only time I use an aluminum arrow is to poke the eyes out of the bally whoooo(bait for offshore fishing). Will never go back!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Typical Buck

I made the switch to carbon 6 years ago and I have not looked back. Have you thought about full metal jackets?
Old 07-03-2007, 07:01 AM

Yes, I have been thinking mainly about Easton A/C Superslims, Easton Full Metal Jacket, Easton A/C/Cand Easton XX78 SuperSlam. So far out of the carbons I like the A/C/C the best. However, that is based on pure reputation and what has been said about them. I have not shot any of these arrows and I don't think Bass Pro will let me (it is the only local shop until I move back to Michigan) so I have to base it on what is said.