Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Thank You Chuck!

Old 08-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Thank You Chuck!

Hey there Chuck,

I want to thank you for sending me those worms and now I will have to try them out...I was very surprised with all you sent me.... WOW!! I hope,I can get them out in the water very soon.. Also thank you for the note you put in..For as far as my knee the doc had stated earlier that he could let me go with it for about 2 months maybe a little more but will need to be scoped and checked into better.. I told him I would like to wait until after deer season if possible. He just grinned and shook his head at me.. So I am hoping archery season here will do for me, that opens in October.. Now back to those worms you sent me more then I would of thought and they will be put to use the first chance I can get to try them..

God Bless, Phil
Old 08-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Thank You Chuck!

Your welcome..I had the same black and blue on this morning when I caught my first fish..kind of tricky in the dark..[8D]I was lucky..I thought the fish was straight ahead ..LOL He was under the boat when I set the hook. I was lucky to catch that one..I'm excited about trying out a new lake tomorrow...It hasn't been fished in a while I understand..I have to empty my boat and drag it about 50 feet...The place looks good. It's got that silver dollar size pads around the whole lake..I was using a split shot as my weight on that rig..I always go as light as possible. I wish I could fish mono here but most of the lakes I fish in are HEAVY structure.
C7
Old 08-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I hope you have some good luck tomorrow, it sounds like you might be onto them again.. We have alot of those silver dollar sized pads and whereI have hit the bass a few times it has been in those!! We also have the ones the size of a teacup saucer and slightly bigger. Those are the ones that is hard for me to pull those bass out of. They like to chase the baitfish through them in 1 to 2 feet of water. When you hook into 1 they shoot straight into that mess. That is one thing good about my canoe as I can drift myself right over to them, when they do that. I have been finding a few of them lately out in the shallow coves though. So now if I can hit one of those lunkers it will be fair play out in the open..
Old 08-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have tried those worms out Chuck and they worked great!!I was 5 for 5 this afternoon but, nothing to post. here is a pic with one of those worms hanging on my line and a bass that bit it still in the water. This bass was around 2 pounds and those worms were out fishing my frogs today!!! Sorry the pic didn't come out very clear as it was quite gusty out there.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here is a pic from Pocomoonshine lake ( Pokey for short ) this is an area up on the northwest side out of the wind. These rocks go on for about 3/4 of a mile. They look as though someone put them all along there.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here is a pic of a shallow cove with some lilly pads and pickeral grass in the background. I am still hoping they will get my good camera back to me...

Old 08-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Last pic here is of some lilly pads up close, though most of the bass I caught today were in around 10 feet of water..

Old 08-13-2007, 02:50 AM
Dominant Buck

I have tried those worms out Chuck and they worked great!!I was 5 for 5 this afternoon but, nothing to post. here is a pic with one of those worms hanging on my line and a bass that bit it still in the water.
Phil

That makes my heart rejoice...I was wondering if you had any success with them. Thanks for sharing.
You must be a pretty decent fisherman to catch them on rubber worms so quickly...Did you use your True turn hooks or my straight shank Mustads ?
Old 08-13-2007, 03:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

The straight shanks that you sent me..I like the straight shanks as well. As I have caught a ton of fish with them over the years my friend.. Mustads have been some great hooks for me.. when we were allowed to catch Atlantic SalmonI tied all my flies on Mustad straight shanks as well. Those fish can fight and have been the ultimate for me when it comes to catching a fish..

You must be a pretty decent fisherman to catch them on rubber worms so quickly...

Thanks Chuck, I have always been pretty good at fishing and the plate on my truck reads JIGGER a nickname after one of my grandfathers... I fill those shoes well..
Old 08-13-2007, 04:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Phil,

During the spawn my favorite way to fish the worm is by a technique called flipping..You quietly sneak up on the bass and drop it right on them in heavy cover..The rigs I sent you is what I use.Here is a video I found demonstrating the flipping technique..You simply let the worm hit the bottom and bounce it slowly a couple times...you drop it in every hole around...Since your in heavy cover you must have a medium heavy rod and heavier line because you want them out of the soup quickly.I love this technique best..
I use 20 pound Power Pro...The diameter is skinny and when used with a Palomar knot nearly impossible to break..I've fished 2 seasons so far with it.

In Feb. this year I got 20 in one outing doing this .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWGxa1yad44

Quick Reply: Thank You Chuck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.