Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 bowhunting in the rain >

bowhunting in the rain

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowhunting in the rain

Old 07-02-2007, 03:49 PM

Default bowhunting in the rain

What do y'all do when it comes to bowhunting in the rain? Do you hunt or stay in? If you hunt what do you do after the hunt to air out your bow?

Thanks,
Ben
Old 07-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bowhunting in the rain

If its not raining too hard, I will usually stick it out. If its a flat downpour, then I might come out. Depends on the time of season. If its early, I will usually come out, but if it's November, I'm staying hell or high water. That is unless it thunders.

When hunting in the rain, I always let my bow air out. I like to take an air compressor and dry it off. Pay special attention to all the little nooks and crannies too.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't let the rain keep me from hunting (I do however have the proper gear for the conditions). In fact last halloween I shot my buck after sitting in the rain all day.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:55 PM

My favorite time to hunt is in the rain. It gets deer moving in our part of Wisconsin. All my bowhunting deer have been shot in the rain.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:02 PM

bow hunting in the rain ..can't be beat...it's awesome how the deer just appear out of no where ,the quite noise of the rain washes all other sounds away....including your own
Old 07-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Spike

+1 on the rain,I have found that it doesn't really bother the deer except in the case of a thunderstorm.Wax your string well and I carry a terry towel to dry my bow between showers.I enjoy hunting in the rain early season it is cooler and helps keep the blood suckers down.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:19 PM

I enjoy hunting in the rain, although I now shoot Blazers instead of feathers. Even with fletch-dry, you'll be shooting bare shafts if it rains too hard.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt.. but I am somewhat of a nutball. Just blowdry your bow when you get in.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowhunting in the rain is great. Bloodtrailing in the rain sucks.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Red Boar

I enjoy hunting in the rain, although I now shoot Blazers instead of feathers. Even with fletch-dry, you'll be shooting bare shafts if it rains too hard.
Your vanes fall off in the rain???? My hunting group and I haven't had any problems with Goat Tuff.

This has GOT to be the post of the week!!!!

Quick Reply: bowhunting in the rain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.