Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

forum canceled

Old 07-02-2007, 10:29 PM

Default RE: deer driving

lol no germ, keep your deer I got plenty , theres just a diffrence between
deer driving for management or sport, deer taken on drives just wouldnt be a trophy to me, i c most ppl misunderstand me when i say that.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:22 AM

Yes, it was. A crazy drive targeting that deer. http://www.kingsoutdoorworld.com/sto...nson_story.htm
Old 07-03-2007, 05:29 AM
Typical Buck

not a big fan, but i do go on a few late in the year trying to fill a couple tags and get a nice workout. I am a fan, however of others going on drives and pushing giant bucks in my direction,my uncle shot a dandy ten-pointer that the neighbors pushed right to him. so go ahead fellas send em my way!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lonewolf...I don't think a lot of people misunderstood you. In fact it seems to me that most of us caught on just fine with only a few references to driving during archery. I know my response on page 1 was directed at rifle hunting. It seems to me as though you just wanted to put down a piece of hunting heritage that has been around before you were nothing more than a glimmer in your daddy's eye. Now that people don't agree with you you're getting all bent out of shape. If you don't like deer driving then fine but don't hold yourself up on a pedestal and tell those of us that do it that it's not sporting. Why is it there's always someone dividing hunters into groups as if some groups are better than others. Last time I checked we all shared the same passion, determination and love for this SPORT no matter how we all participated.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:47 AM

No bear, this has nothing to do with thinking im a better hunter then anyone else, im sorry so many ppl on here think this way because i feel just the opposite. As a matter of fact I am one of the little guys and im not ashamed to admit that. The thing I would be ashamed about would be to take a deer and call it a sport unless it was for managment or if it was my only way to get food. Y CANT A GUY HAVE A OPINION ABOUT SOMETHING WITH OUT PPL GETTING ALL BENT OUT OF SHAPE . I wouldnt have posted this if I knew ppl were gonna act this way.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well then stop posting and rationalizing your position with the 10 follow-up posts.

You said your piece and others did the same.

I still think you don't know the first thing about drives except what you've heard, read, or seen on tv.
I think that is the general gripe. I don't know anything about tracking deer in the snow, so you
won't find me posting on that.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I absolutely do not like deer drives for bowhunting purposes. I have watched too many oldWensel videos of flinging arrows at speeding deer. NOW dont get me wrong, I like those guys and realize this wasamethod to get deer in frontof them but Idont care for that type of whitetail bowhunting. Itstoo easy to wound a speeding deer no matter how great ofa shot one thinks they are..

Deer drives are used here a lot by gun hunters here. I'd rather hunt a critter on his own terms and not run him out of the country..

Old 07-03-2007, 09:59 AM

last time i checked its still legal to pass ur opinion, just wish ppl would understand before the bite.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lonewolf316

last time i checked its still legal to pass ur opinion, just wish ppl would understand before the bite.
You're absolutely right. It is legal for people to post their opinion so why do you get all bent out of shape when we post a differing opinion than yours. We're simply excercising the same right as you. Or is it thatyou are allowed to post whatever opinion you want but we are only allowed to post ours if we AGREE with you. Hmmmm...pot...meet kettle.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: shed33

I absolutely do not like deer drives for bowhunting purposes. I have watched too many oldWensel videos of flinging arrows at speeding deer. NOW dont get me wrong, I like those guys and realize this wasamethod to get deer in frontof them but Idont care for that type of whitetail bowhunting. Itstoo easy to wound a speeding deer no matter how great ofa shot one thinks they are..

Deer drives are used here a lot by gun hunters here. I'd rather hunt a critter on his own terms and not run him out of the country..

Lonewolf...here is my point. Read the above post. Shed mantioned that he doesn't like deer drives and would rather hunt deer in other manners. This is great and his personal preference. What he didn't do is belittle the act of driving deer or try and segregate those hunters that do it while calling it non-sporting. Good post shed.

Quick Reply: forum canceled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.