Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Poison Oak NEED HELP!!!! >

Poison Oak NEED HELP!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Poison Oak NEED HELP!!!!

Old 06-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Poison Oak NEED HELP!!!!

So i got poison oak on my arms neck and leg how can i get rid of it, i diddnt really know where to post this so Its tearing me p i dont know what to do i need some serious help here.
Ryan
Old 06-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Spike

Default RE: Poison Oak NEED HELP!!!!

Here's some advice from someone who could get poison ivy by looking at it.

Go to your drugstore and buy a tube of Zanfel, about $30 a tube, but well worth it. The stuff is a gritty paste. you need to follow the instructions exactly but here's what you do. Wet the area and push out 1 1/2 inches of the paste (it has a measuring device on the package if you need it). Mix the paste with a small amout of water to thin it somewhat. Apply the paste and rub it on the infected area until the itching stops. You can then leave the paste on for a short time or rinse it immediately. You may have to do a second or third treatment. The results are incredible. I used it for the first time this year and it works great! No itching and only the rash is left. It will eventually go away, but you can sleep without the itching. The paste pulls out the urishiol out of the skin. Apply it as soon as you can, you won't regret it!
Old 06-27-2007, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I 2nd the Zanfal, I keep a tube on hand at all times as I tend to pickup poison oak/ivey by just thinking about it. This stuff really works, and believe me I have tried everything!
Old 06-27-2007, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

What a bunch of pansies! Wimps!!

Just smear calamine lotion on the itchy spots and suffer. Take it like a man!

(Naturally that's after you've done the Zanfel and gotten your doctor to give you a cortisone shot in the butt. You've got a chance to get off the honey-do list for awhile. Don't blow it! [8D])
Old 06-27-2007, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

What a bunch of pansies! Wimps!!
Just smear calamine lotion on the itchy spots and suffer. Take it like a man!
(Naturally that's after you've done the Zanfel and gotten your doctor to give you a cortisone shot in the butt. You've got a chance to get off the honey-do list for awhile. Don't blow it! [8D])
A manly man with his priorities straight!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 07:14 AM

I have heard great and wonderful things about Zanfel and I am going to try it this year (it is a given I will get the stuff every year -- several times). My doctor told me when I knew I had come in contact with it, start taking an antihistamine. After all, it is an allergic reaction to the oils on the stuff. This has helped reduce the itching and breakouts for me. Also, take a cool bath or shower instead of warm or hot. If the itching is bothering you really bad, an ice cube (use only when you don't have something slathered on it) will help out in a pinch.

Good luck.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:35 AM

I used a product called calagel. It is a two part product. One removes the oils from your skin and the second soothes the itching (although AuthurP has a good idea... :-) ). Be careful though about using it after the expiration. I used some that was out of date and ended up with second degree chemical burns. OUCH. Luckily it was only on my fingers.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't help you with this one.... I'm one of the lucky ones who isn't allergic to the stuff. Also, mosquito bites don't bother me either, and that's strange. Chiggers, on the other hand.... that's a different story.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

I get it so bad that i get shots. They dry it out really quick and since I have been getting the shots I don't really get it very much. Also ivyrest is a pretty good product.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Can't help much with after you get it ( I usually use Aveeno anti-itch stuff), but I usually use Dawn dish detergent to wash. It's great at breaking down the oil.

Quick Reply: Poison Oak NEED HELP!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.