Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Baracuda string

Old 06-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Baracuda string

Id like to hear some opinions on the baracuda bow string. How is the creep. How does it compare to winners choice strings

Thanks
DRG
Old 06-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Baracuda string

In my opinion they are junk. Just my opinion.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

... and I shot Mathews for six years.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:54 PM

Junk. Twist, creep, stretch, whatever they call it they do it. I have had them on two bows including the one now and I really need them off of there.

Not really just an opinion either.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:50 PM

I was going to put some on my darton years ago and the shop owner looked at me like I was retarded. He said he could me the stock strings for my darton, string and harness for half of what just the string from mathews would cost, and it would be much better.

This was several years ago before strings got really good. Quality strings just are not that expensive anymore. And from most of what I hear those are not it.

Paul
Old 06-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now that we've pretty much reached a consensus on that... I don't want to leave you with just the bad news; the good news -- like Paul alluded to -- is that there's a lot of quality stringmakers out there. I really like Vapor Trail (www.vaportrailarchery.com), and they've got a SUPER color selector on their site to help you with your choice. You've already mentioned Winner's Choice... Giblet on here has a lot of fans. Jay Jcinsky at Trophy Bound (715-421-5638) makes nice strings out of prestreched Brownell Xcel. Lots of choice.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the input. I have used WC strings for the past 3 years on my sq2 and outback. For my very first fathers day my wife surprised me with an new switchback XT. (she even got the draw weight and length right. what a lady.) anyhow, i had an new unopened wc string and cable to put on my outback to replace the older WC string so i am trying to get rid of it before I bought one for my XT. I just wondered if the baracuda was tolerable or not. .