Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scoring and Field Judging question.... >

Scoring and Field Judging question....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scoring and Field Judging question....

Old 06-15-2007, 10:02 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

Default Scoring and Field Judging question....

Didn't know if it would be appropriate to jump into the field judging post below with this so decided to do another post. I understand about the actual scoring with tape so this is concerning Field Judging. Itook thelink and the requirements (rules)they covered seem easy enough (i.e. beam width, wrap around requirement,tine length, 4 tine minimum, etc.). Yet, I am still confused as to how they come up with the pointtotal (100/120/135/what ever). Is there a base number that is used to start out with and thenothervalues assigned to each of the required fields as they are met or exceeded?(Yeah I know, dumb question because obviouslyit has to work that way). If someone can post a link to a site or articlethat covers this or can take the time to explain it I'd appreciate it.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scoring and Field Judging question....

just simple math. You are adding up all the inches for the measurements. go to pope & young or B&C for the laid out process.