Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any Outfitter looking to hire a guide? >

Any Outfitter looking to hire a guide?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any Outfitter looking to hire a guide?

Old 06-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Any Outfitter looking to hire a guide?

That "green ugly fish" is a bull dolphin....and some great eatin'.

Is that a 31 Contender?
Old 06-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes no arrow

Just so you know you need to clean up that fish, we don't like blood on this site
Old 06-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Germ....I've gotten into a big school of Spanish before....and had the ENTIREdeck covered in blood before it was over with.

You can't reel a clark's spoon fast enough to get it through a school.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

LOL, you guys crack me up on this site. I'm really enjoy it. Yes it is a nice Dolphin fish and some great eating. That is a picture of my 25 open which is 28ft LOA. Check this out I had about a 550lbs befor this one which would of shattered the SC state record. Its a MAKO.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome pics sportsfann - I really believe that if I lived closer to the coast, I would be as entrenched in big game fishing as I am in big game hunting.

Back in the day, I used to be a maniacal freshwater fisherman. I'd have fished my life away.But, a couple offshore saltwater adventures have my freshwater rods collecting dust andrusting to pieces. Just no desire to do it anymore - saltwater fishing ruined me.

Sorta like being married to Oprah, then getting to spend the night at Jessica Alba's house. You just don't ever want to go back home. LOL

Agreed - no finer eating than a fresh Dorado...and no finer fishing experience either, really.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks QS, you are correct on that. This post being turn to fishn from a job post will probably get kick off. o well here is a freshwater that will get your hart pumping.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey I caught a similar Mako on a billfish trip (my only trip and only catch).
Fought that bastard for over an hour and b/c it jumped way out (only shark to do that), thought it was a marlin.

The guide let him go b/c apparently in Hawaii the people believe in some sort of reincarnation and sharks may have eaten their ancestor's bones. Anyway, he said bad luck and bad form to bring in a shark, even a Mako.

Is this BS? And no, doesn't have anything to do with bowhunting. Mods? [&:]
Old 06-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Glad to hear you let it go, but MAKO is one of the best seafood you can eat, it yummy. My favorite seafood and favorite food period. They also are one of the funnest game fish to catch.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've eating Dolphin (fish) before..they are great, but is there a blue version which is more common?
Old 06-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah,

When I got it up to the boat, I was going to look over (keeping reel tight), and trying to take a picture. As soon as it made eye contact with me, it was gone like it had never fought me for an hour. Talk about a strong fish.

I heard it was great to eat. Apparently you won't find any to eat in Hawaii, or at least not the part I was in.

Quick Reply: Any Outfitter looking to hire a guide?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.