Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Test Shot All the Top Bows >

Test Shot All the Top Bows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Test Shot All the Top Bows

Old 06-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Test Shot All the Top Bows

Hey All,

Just wanted to share my thoughts after test shooting a Mathews SB XT, Mathews Drenalin, Bowtech Tribute, Ross. I drew the Trykon and the Gardian and that was enough for me. I didn't even bother to release the arrow on either.

Switchback XT : I liked the draw and the release very much. The grip was very comfortable. Very easy to shoot.

Drenalin :This bow was a dream to draw. It has a slight amount more handshock than the XT but it was very minor.

Tribute : Very nice bow. Has a stiffer draw cycle than either of the mathew's and more hand shock than both as well. A very nice bow though.

The Ross : Not sure of the model name. I believe it was last years model. Decent draw cycle but lots of vibration on the release. Definetly not the bow for me.

Trykon : Didn't bother to shoot it. Didn't like the grip and the draw cycle was incredibly stiff. Also there is no give once at full draw. Any slight fijiting will cause the bow to release.

Guardian : Didn't bother to shoot the guardian. The draw cycle was pretty vicisous and unexpected.

My top pick would be the Drenaline. A very nice bow in my opinion. The draw cycle is what sold me. I didn't pick one up but it is something I will strongly consider this summer.

Tom
Old 06-13-2007, 12:08 PM

Default RE: Test Shot All the Top Bows

Not doubting your pick, the Drenalin is a very nice bow.
You should, however, try a Ross Cardiac, I love mine as much as the Drenalin.

In the Hoyt line up, try a Vectrix, much better to me than a Trykon
Old 06-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buellhunter

Not doubting your pick, the Drenalin is a very nice bow.
You should, however, try a Ross Cardiac, I love mine as much as the Drenalin.

In the Hoyt line up, try a Vectrix, much better to me than a Trykon
I agree, there is a big difference in the draw cycle comparing the Trykon to the Vectrix.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

so, really, you didn't test shoot all the top bows. however, the drenalin is a great bow.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

I agree, did the dealer happen to have the X-Forse? If not give it a try and tell me what you think.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Though I went with the Drenalin the others are right about the Hoyts. The Vectrix is a completely different animal than the Trykon. I also agree about the Cardiac, very sweet.

I know you said you didn't like the draw on the Guardian, but you missed the best part of that bow, and that's the shot.

Keep on shooting.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know you said you didn't like the draw on the Guardian, but you missed the best part of that bow, and that's the shot.
same with the trykon....
Old 06-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I'll have to try the Vetrix and the Cardiac.

I'd really like to shoot a PSE. That bow shop doesn't carry PSE. I may have to go to another shop to take a test shot.

As for the best part being the release, I'm not sure I'm interested in a bow that is such a bear to draw. It is half of what you do. As well I can't imagine a bow having any less hand shock than either of the Mathews bows so that makes it a moot point.

Well I thought I was all set. Now I'm going to have to shoot some other bows.

I sure wish I could shoot the liberty. I'd like to take it for a spin to see what it's like.

Tom
Old 06-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

What is your draw length, If you shoot the x-force at 60# it should be smooth to draw and shoot, and the speed will be un matchable. I think the bow is smooth to shoot, but I am drawn 70lbs now, this site makes me second guess not getting the 60# limbs. But I would not switch bows, Sighted in at 20 yds my arrow only drops 4" at 40 yds. Only have to have 1 pin.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

You might want to try a Vectrix or Vulcan instead of the Trykon. The Trykon didn't set the world on fire and I'm guessing it was because of the draw curve. I know thats why I passed on it last year. The new ones on the other hand are WAY BETTER in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Test Shot All the Top Bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.