Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Test Shot All the Top Bows >

Test Shot All the Top Bows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Test Shot All the Top Bows

Old 07-31-2007, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Test Shot All the Top Bows

NO bow out there is the "best" bow. You owe it to yourself to shoot as many in your price range that you can and go with the one that feels the best to YOU!!! I shot PSE for years. WhenI wanted a new bow i decided to shoot them all. Shot PSE, Mathews, Martin, Hoyt, and Bowtech. The Mathews were terrible for me. The had a buzz in the handle, top limb dove forward, just didn't feel right. Shot the rest and finaly found the Bowtech Tribute. It just felt sooooo sweet in my hand and shooting it was a dream!!!

There are differnt makes and different models for different people. One size does not fit all in Archery!!!!

Good luck!
cartman
Old 07-31-2007, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

The rep at the shop I go to for PSE says the same thing "Have the guys shoot a 60# bow so you can sell more." Why even make a bow that no one is going to want to shoot at 70#. If you decide to shoot the X-Farce, better get in touch with your orthopedic doc for some shoulder and elbow work.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmmm, a Ross with lots of hand shock. Now thats definetly a first for me. Ive shot all the Ross models and they all are right there with mathews as far as lack of hand shock.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

The rep at the shop I go to for PSE says the same thing "Have the guys shoot a 60# bow so you can sell more." Why even make a bow that no one is going to want to shoot at 70#. If you decide to shoot the X-Farce, better get in touch with your orthopedic doc for some shoulder and elbow work.

Might want to hit the gym buddy. The X Forse has a very nice draw to be shooting 40 fps faster then your bow tech.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:01 PM
bigcountry

I am curious. Why do so many put so much stock in draw cycle? I can pull back just about any bow up to 80lb draw. Once I get it back, thats where I care.

I keep hearing folks bothered by draw cycle. Is it just too hard to pull back?

Old 07-31-2007, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

LOL Big, well said. I am not target shooting with this bow, I am hunting. One shot, and if its a BIG Buck I am not going to have any problem drawing back. I personal like fast bows because I am short and like shooting with one pin. The X Forse sighted in at 20yds is only 4inchs low at 40yds. That is whats important to me.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:06 PM
Spike

Just curious, when you drew the guardian was it set up with the "smooth" or "speed" module? I own a Guardian with the speed module and you are correct, the Drenalin was a much easier draw. I had to choose between the two and in my opinion, and I emphasize my opinion, the Guardian was much quieter than the Drenalin and I honestly didn't feel any hand shock. Those were the two factors that made the Guardian stand out. I didn't haveany problem drawing it so that wasn't a featureI focused on. Congrats on a sweet bow purchase.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:16 PM
Host of Hosts

I don't understand when people say the Guardian's draw is harsh or vicious. I found it to be neither.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:03 PM

To me the draw cycle is important. I don't want to head to the range, take 150 shots and be unhappy with 50% of my bow. What's the point in that?

If the shot is all that counts, why do people buy a .270 to hunt deer with? Why wouldn't they just go with a .308 Magnum all the time?

Old 07-31-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most important aspect of the "Which bow is best?" question is the YOU factor.

Nobody is going to shoot your bow, or hunt with your bow, but you. So ultimately, there is no one universal best bow. But there is a universal best bow for you (at least until next year).

Of all the new bows this year, the 07 Allegience impressed me the most. Just my opinion. My Iron Mace is right nice too.

Quick Reply: Test Shot All the Top Bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.