Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Test Shot All the Top Bows >

Test Shot All the Top Bows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Test Shot All the Top Bows

Old 07-31-2007, 10:31 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Test Shot All the Top Bows

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I am curious. Why do so many put so much stock in draw cycle? I can pull back just about any bow up to 80lb draw. Once I get it back, thats where I care.

I keep hearing folks bothered by draw cycle. Is it just too hard to pull back?
I've said this many times.....Sure it's always nice to shoot a smooth drawing bow but lets get real here. Most bows on the market today will draw pretty close to one another(all things being the same ie: draw weight, length, etc...) sure some will be stiffer thanothers but nothing that would be a deal breaker for me.

This is just the view of a bow hunter only, but I do practice often and shoot thousands of arrows each year. I pickbows that I shoot the best and feel the most comfortable shooting. I could give a ratsrear endif it has a slightly stiffer draw cycle or slightly more hand shock.......Christ, you guys sound like a bunch of old ladies in a sewing circle! Man up!

When I am drawing on a deer the LAST thing on my mind is the draw cycle of the bow.In fact I'm so focused I don't even remember drawing at all half the time.

This ought to do it.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: passthru79

Hmmmmm, a Ross with lots of hand shock. Now thats definetly a first for me. Ive shot all the Ross models and they all are right there with mathews as far as lack of hand shock.

My Ross has hardly any handshock
Old 08-01-2007, 05:09 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

ORIGINAL: passthru79

Hmmmmm, a Ross with lots of hand shock. Now thats definetly a first for me. Ive shot all the Ross models and they all are right there with mathews as far as lack of hand shock.

My Ross has hardly any handshock
different bow will fit differnt people and fell differnt to them. You should see the looks and scoffs i get when i say that the two mathews switchbacks i shot (XT and regular) felt like a live 110 wire in my hand. They just didn't fit/feel right.

I don't care what we each shoot...........as long as we shoot
Old 08-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot archery seriously for about 17 years. I was a Mathews Staff Shooter for 3 years and a local shop shooter for 4 years here in Phoenix. I shot many brands of bows during this time. I do NOTbelieve there is one top bow for everyone. I do, however, believe there is a bow that suits or fits each individual better than others. You just have to invest the time to shoot different bows to find the right one for you. Just for information purposes, I was shooting a Mathews Switchback when I shot my first BowTech Allegiance. I sold the Mathews and have gone through 2 Allegiances since then and now have 2 Guardians. I actually believe the Guardian is the best bow I have ever put in my hands. However, I only have a 27 inch draw length, so I have a different draw curve and less shock on any bow than you long armed guys. Shoot what feels the best for you and help your friends no matter what brand they choose to shoot.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:05 PM
bigcountry

I guess for me, I never really thought much about draw cycle. A bow is supposed to offer resistence. If one is not strong enough to pull a bow back, then its the wrong bow for them.

I don't blame someone for saying, they are not strong enough to pull a bow back smoothly and they can get better performance out of a bow they strong enough to pull back smoothly.