Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 QDMA What don't you like >

QDMA What don't you like

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

QDMA What don't you like

Old 06-12-2007, 08:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default QDMA What don't you like

bawanajimgot me thinking

For those who do not like QDMA or QDMfor any reason let me know. I would like to compile a list and send to them and see what they say.

Please know one take this personel, lets look at it to help better an organzation. We did this in Michigan forumn and it really help.

So let us know won't don't you like about QDMA?
Old 06-12-2007, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: QDMA What don't you like

Are you asking what problems folks have with Quality Deer Management OR the Org, the QDMA ???

Anyway, I copied my reply from the other QDM thread.....

When ever I see a post about"QDM" or theQDMA I know many will approach the thread with guns a blazin'!

FIRST, I must remind everyone that QDM isclaimed to be practiced by many folks in one form or another, however to often "QDM" is NOT practiced and applied as the founders of the term (the QDMA)meant for it to be!"QDM" is thrown around like some catch phrase when I can assure you, most folks simply have NO idea of what they speak! The QDMA does NOT support and approve of many folks who so loosly throw their terms and phrases around.Also, "QDM" should NOTbe confused with "TDM", they are totally different concepts and practices! [&:]

The QDMAis a group of individuals that represent THEmost-respected deer biologists, researchers and experts from around the country, it is not a single practice but an org. that works to promote sound management by educating sportsman about what needs to be done in order to regain control of todays herds and put the ratios and herd health back in check. Decades of improper hunting methods based on lack of sound biological facts have left todays herds badly out of whack and seriously scewed sex ratios. It's time to standup and take some responsibilty and all do our part.The QDMAneeds the help and support of serious management minded sportsman everywhere. It's a great, informative org and one you can be proud to be a part of. I tire of not seeing the org get the respect and attention it deserves because of the fact that a few uneducated individuals who know nothing about the org throw around some terms that they read in a magazine! It's NOT what several of you Antis think it is. Please take some time to actually look over the site and try to see if you understand where they're coming from and exactly what it is they are trying to do for our sport? I simply ask that anyone who wants to throw around the term "QDM" take some time to understand exactly what it IS! Thank you, good luck and good huntin'
Old 06-12-2007, 08:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Both

QDMA org and QDM
Old 06-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Site Buck Guru

What's not to like? Everyone benifits, man and animal.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

This may be a 2 tubber
Old 06-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

With as much confusion as there seems to be over QDM, they can't be getting their message out very well.

Of course, it is getting out mainly through morons like myself, so perhaps that is the problem
Old 06-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

It ain't work'n my hunt'n grounds. Aint nough deer here. I spend a dang month'er better search'n fer a spiker horn, at witch tyme he'is a goooonneerrrrrrr baby boy!

Problem is, ain't na big deer round there parts. So ya'l can puker up and kiss it where the qmd dont shin, ya'here

Just my too sents!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

It ain't work'n my hunt'n grounds. Aint nough deer here. I spend a dang month'er better search'n fer a spiker horn, at witch tyme he'is a goooonneerrrrrrr baby boy!

Problem is, ain't na big deer round there parts. So ya'l can puker up and kiss it where the qmd dont shin, ya'here

Just my too sents!
Here is what I am talking about.

Did you know that QDM is about have the "right" number of deer. In some location it is about raising the number. It is not just about shooting does and shrinkingdeer numbers.

thank you KP
Old 06-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

What I don't like is probably more to do with paraphrases than with idealism of Q.D.M.. I have no problem with people shooting does I have problems with people describing the doe shooting in terms more closely resembling the killing of pocket gophers in ones lawn. The total lack of respect given to any of the animals we hunt is never good for our sport.
A female deer eats no more than a male ,the whole reason for their demise is for their ability to reproduce.Not hardly their fault.
If heard reduction & habitat protection is your true goal than any of you that let a young buck walk in order to shoot a booner, then end up with tag soup are hypocrites.You could of accomplished the same goal by killing the young buck!!!!!!![] Remember its for the good of the herd. [:'(]

Of course we know its not about the horns........

Flame on!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: huntingson

With as much confusion as there seems to be over QDM, they can't be getting their message out very well.

Of course, it is getting out mainly through morons like myself, so perhaps that is the problem
I think like most things their message gets twisted, and you get some bad members and here we are.

I am a moron also

Quick Reply: QDMA What don't you like

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.