Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Used Bow Value

Old 12-22-2002, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Used Bow Value

Are there any standards that are set for used bow prices, sort of like the kelly blue book value for used autos? It would be interesting to see how bows depreciate, and what they are typically worth after a year or two of use.
ArcticBowMan's Hunting Photo's
Old 12-22-2002, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Used Bow Value

ABM to a young kid that doesn't have one--priceless.I would think a pro shop mite have some kind of book or system that they use for trade ins.Give one a call and let us know what they said.I think David mils hunting bud Lin works at a pro shop and maybe Rob PA.

Old 12-22-2002, 07:10 PM

I don't know if there is such a blue book...but like a car....once it leaves the show room floor cut the price in half. I think if you can find the right person that wants what you have then the price can apperciate....
I had traded my Matthews Ultralite for a used Mq1 and $300 to boot.
I cannot imagine what a walmart special would be worth??? ,,,$0.00
It is abit depressing what we spend on a new bow and the old aint worth pooopy!!!
Old 12-23-2002, 07:10 AM
Spike

no blue book, the bow and what shape its in. cables & string, rust, finish, etc. high dollar bows less than good low end bows. someone looking for used equip. is not looking to spend $550.00 on used hoyt or mathews when they can get a new PSE Beast for $250.00. arrows and most hunting sights are of no trade-in value and only the best of arrow rest add to the price. no matter how new and how good cond. a current year model will be below whole sale. basicly this is the gauge we start with. jim

Old 12-23-2002, 08:12 AM

None that I know of. I have encountered, after 2 years of general snooping the net for bows for sale, that Matthews bows seem to be the best for retaining value. I think it's because of they're marketing. Bowtech's are starting to get a lot of attention too, but the companies that run the gamut from the $250 pkg deal to the $699 performance machine lose out in resale as many people are first time buyers and don't know enough about the models and differences.

Trushot }}------>
Old 12-23-2002, 10:15 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-23-2002, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

just look around at the classifieds/auction sites Jerry. YOu can get a good idea there. You'd be suprised what some bows bring even after 50 yrs (or more) of hard use LOL!
Old 12-23-2002, 04:37 PM

I saw a used 1 1/2 year old Mathews Q2 sell for $475.00 on Ebay.
If it is in good shape and listed correctly you can get 60-75% of its origional worth on ebay.
I have researched a lot of their auctions and was amazed at what people will pay for used goods on ebay.
I bought a Tree lounge used and thouhgt it was to heavy so I resold it. Because I listed it with a picture I made $40 above what I paid for it.
Amazing!
Old 12-23-2002, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been researching on different websights what used bows go for. I've noticed some that are nearly a year old with light use are sold for the same prices that dealerships sell their new bows for. I've been looking at buying a new bow, but exploring the idea of buying a bow that has the "off the shelf" price tag taken down some. Alot to be said for warranty's though, a life time warranty to the original owner vs. no warranty for a used bow. Just an associated risk I guess.

I can sell my Q2XL up here to somebody for 750 bucks, but couldn't fathom getting 500 for the full package through ebay.

I appreciate the insight guys.
ArcticBowMan's Hunting Photo's