Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which predator pattern would be best? >

Which predator pattern would be best?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which predator pattern would be best?

Old 06-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Spike

Default Which predator pattern would be best?

I live in Pennsylvania and am looking for a pattern for turkey season. Any opinions of which to get? Is green deception the way to go or spring green or really no difference? thanks......
Old 06-03-2007, 10:07 PM

Default RE: Which predator pattern would be best?

the ASAT pattern
Old 06-04-2007, 08:57 AM

I think the Green Deception looks better, but I doubt the game would notice!
Old 06-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

I really like where these guys heads are at... if you look at the new APG realtree stuff there putting open spaces in it as well... im goiing to get the green deception for the spring and the brown jacket for the fall.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Deception for deer.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Forgive me for merely providing a link to some of my past thoughts, but if you run a quick search with "Predator" in the subject field combined with my user name, you'll find I've written pretty extensively on this camo over the years... If you've got any questions after your reading, let me know: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1895324&mpage=1&key=predator&amp ;#1895324
Old 06-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Honestly, when our spring season starts I would not choose the Green Predator as my first Predator choice...we have no green when the season begins however, I doubt the turks would notice. Personally if I had only ONE Predator pattern to choose from for all seasons I'd choose the Fall Brown....it's harder to find but I feel their best pattern.

The others, Grey and Green have specific seasons when to wear them but are excellent when in the right season and if all else fails and you don't find the Brown, go with Deception...IMO
Old 06-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Spring Green is a SWEET pattern. I wear it all the time for summer velvet footage, and I've had deer walk within 10 ft. of me and never even look my direction. You look like a bush! It also works great during the early bow season!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Forgive me for not responding as accurately as your question demanded; that's what happens when you're on a conference call with two of your bosses, trying to get a spreadsheet that's due in five minutes done in the nick of time, and simultaenously playing on HNI... [8D]

Believe it or not, I just saw the words "turkey season" in your question... and, yes... I do have a master's in English and taught reading comprehension at the university level. Too much stuff going on...

OK, while I obviously wasn't turkey hunting, this pic will give you a good idea of how Spring Green blends in to its backdrop. Note that if I were immersed into some cover with a branch or two in front of me like most camo pics adverstise its product that I would look even better. You may also notice that if you've never seen Spring Green before, this is actually how it looks live -- it is different than what is pictured on Predator's own website. That pattern doesn't exist anymore.

Rob mentioned Fall Brown as well, and if you're set on getting something in Predator (which I personally think is the best pattern made right now), you may want to check out Gray Wolf Woolens at www.graywolfwoolens.com... Jeff (the owner) recently got a big shipment of Fall Brown in and can make you anything you want, to include custom pockets for calls or the like.