Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shed hunting last month.....pics.... >

Shed hunting last month.....pics....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shed hunting last month.....pics....

Old 05-25-2007, 10:17 PM

Default RE: Shed hunting last month.....pics....

ORIGINAL: shed33

Dan,

Obviously no one shed hunts these areas or what? To find that kind of numbers it sounds like virgin ground!

I spent some time shed hunting in Canada and the area was hit hard by other shed hunters. Thats big country up there, I sure there is plenty of ground though that doesnt see much pressure at all...

Bingo. I am extremely fortunate to spend 7 months a year up here making a living in the great outdoors. The times I went out were in an area that I know had never been shed hunted before. Or ever hunted, for that matter. I locate these areas with satelite maps and hike in quite a ways to get to them. Plus, there is new logging going on and new roads being put in.

We have nearly 200 square miles that no one else shed hunts. Within that area I control access to a good portion of it because of my resort and the fact that no one can access my lake without going through my property.

I wish I had more time to look for bone in the spring. But opening up camp and getting everything in order just doesn't allow it. Next year I gurantee I will be out there for at least a full week. I'm looking forward to it.

As the summer progresses and things settle dow here at camp I'll get out at least one more time to look for some bone. They may be bleached from the sun, but none the less they'll still be there.

No matter what, even if Idon't find a single bone, its still worth every moment just being able to enjoy the awsome sights and sounds of the great outdoors.

Old 05-26-2007, 05:03 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Shed hunting last month.....pics....

ORIGINAL: _Dan

...its still worth every moment just being able to enjoy the awsome sights and sounds of the great outdoors.
Respect!