Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For Gr8  Let go or brown down >

For Gr8 Let go or brown down

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
If its brown its down
27.42%
let it go and let it grow
72.58%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

For Gr8 Let go or brown down

Old 05-26-2007, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For Gr8 Let go or brown down

I alone believe what I am about to type, but I we use the word we. We wait every year to row around, sohunting season to start an we all have game laws tofollow. Ifyoushoot big deer every year an never shoot does or if you shoot small deer an never get or take a chanceat a big deer. If you are within the state laws? I am happy that you are having a good time an season.

I feel as hunterswemanage the herd,everytime we choose to take a deer out of the population. I am sure that we averageout the herdif notweneed to bring it up in the camp meeting thatwe have every year ifwe wish to change anything. We also have the option of going to the annual game an fish meetings held every year in all zonesor areas. If you hunt by yourself you either got it good or you have it tough. If you wish to changeit spread the word, but slowly.

With that said, our camphas anabundant supply of small bucks. Weshoot a truck load of small legal deer each year, bucks an does.We always seem to have plenty. We average taking about two or three matureBucks each year. The year 2006 we got 2 mature bucks.

We manage in this way if it is legal an you are having a good time, everthing is fine. The one thing we try to avoid is shooting nubbinhead bucks.

I myself will not shoot anything under an eight or that is 2 1/2 or younger. I will take a doe every year the first part of the season,then Iget to take a buck.I do my own managingan as long as I see deer big an small I am happy.