Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For Gr8  Let go or brown down >

For Gr8 Let go or brown down

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
If its brown its down
27.42%
let it go and let it grow
72.58%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

For Gr8 Let go or brown down

Old 05-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: For Gr8 Let go or brown down

i can eat today on what i let go for tommorrow.
i aint out there to stroke my ego i'm out there for the enjoyment of being in the woods.that being said it really depends on my mood that day.
by the way if someone says kill a doe for meat, the spikes or better give me more meat than a doe would.
give me the stone ages.they at least let you hunt for you.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's my opinion that more sportsman need to stand up and take responsibilty for todays badly skewed sex ratios and over populated Doe herds. Year after year we hear all this crap from the meat hunters about how they don't need to shoot a big rackedbuck but yet most of of them will NOT shoot the 10 Does feeding in the field IF there's a yearling buck standing out there with them. They see any antlers at all..... they shoot it! Afterwards, we also see that many can't wait to head to the local tavern (or even the net forums) and brag about getting "a buck". Now remember, as ya'll say, you can NOT eat the horns!

If you're not part of the solution then you ARE the problem!

I'm just seriously proud that nearly 3/4's of the hunters here know better and would be what I consider educated sportsman! For that, I thank you!
Old 05-25-2007, 01:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's my opinion that more sportsman need to stand up and take responsibilty for todays badly skewed sex ratios and over populated Doe herds. Year after year we hear all this crap from the meat hunters about how they don't need to shoot a big rackedbuck but yet most of of them will NOT shoot the 10 Does feeding in the field IF there's a yearling buck standing out there with them. They see any antlers at all..... they shoot it! Afterwards, we also see that many can't wait to head to the local tavern (or even the net forums) and brag about getting "a buck". Now remember, as ya'll say, you can NOT eat the horns!

If you're not part of the solution then you ARE the problem!

I'm just seriously proud that nearly 3/4's of the hunters here know better and would be what I consider educated sportsman! For that, I thank you!

YOU CAN NOT EAT THE HORNS
Old 05-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

i wonder what percentage of doe kills belong to trophy hunters and what% tomeat hunters.
a trophy hunter would be the one to shoot the yearling deer on the same field then just use their reliable piss poor excuse "it was a management buck".or shoot a big racked deeron the same field and ignore the ratios.
dont know what qualifies you to be an edumated hunter ,i guess hunt like the majority on this thread.wrong!!i love hunting doesas much as i do bucks.
hunters need to just hunt by the rules and stop trying to take away from other hunters. you take from me i will take from you.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buck-i

i wonder what percentage of doe kills belong to trophy hunters and what% tomeat hunters.
a trophy hunter would be the one to shoot the yearling deer on the same field then just use their reliable piss poor excuse "it was a management buck".
LOL! You're NOT serious are you ?!? What some folks will say to justify...

I'll have you know that living here in one of the premier trophy areas in the U.S, I get to meet and talk to manyskilled and gifted"trophy hunters" from around the nation and I can assure you the number of Does we remove from my area every season is impressive! Doe harvest here is always impressive, thanks to UNLIMITED over-the-counter antlerless tags! Also, I have NEVER in my life seen a "trophy hunter" harvest a 1 1/2 or 2 1/2 year old buck! Just a ridiculus statement for you to make in a desperate attempt to fire back at trophy hunters. On my own property we take a minimum of 5 Does for every buck. The heaviest Doe harvest year we removed nearly 15 Does per buck, not an incredible number perhaps but still very respectable. What do you do?
Old 05-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really do not feel up to debating anything, butI would like to say. If a personthat has been hunting for a length of time and has a few deer under his belt. I feel if they want meat they should shoot a doe not a 1 1/2 year old,young buck. There, that is all I wanted to say.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

How about you hunt the way you want to, and let others hunt the way they want to ........ it kills me how some judge others .... get a life and stop worrying about everyone else ...

this post is only for those who the shoe fits
Old 05-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was really just picking, sorry I offended you.Have a good evening, they werewanting to debate an I thought I would throw a twig on the fire, nothing intended.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bow huntert

I was really just picking, sorry I offended you.Have a good evening, they werewanting to debate an I thought I would throw a twig on the fire, nothing intended.
bow .... not offended at all! I was talking just as much to the guys that get on trophy hunters as to those that get on guys who shoot 1 1/2 old bucks..... who gives a rip whatanother hunter does? There are so many variables in the equation.

Personally, I like the info that guys have posted about deer management ..... when they aren't making others feel retarded for shooting a six pointer .... to each his own is my point ...
Old 05-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Fork Horn

cornfed i have heard trophy hunters say they will not take does.so keep laughing out loud. next you wont claim them as trophy hunters but they are.
glad to hear you are willing to take does.ever mistake a button for a doe sure someone has.not all meat hunters kill every deer in sight until tagged out.and the management excuse is used.
i hunt public land only but still pick and choose. been letting a four point walk, now hes a six, his body looks small still after 2 hunting seasons.
three years ago i had the same hunter drag three spikes by my stand all before rifle season, i dont claim him as a meat hunter hes a trophy hunter because he wants bucks.
cornfed i aint looking to fight just defending my method of hunting, both sides have good and bad hunters and you know it.
you want educated hunters well educate dont throw stones they just get thrown back.
i aired my views no need to go round and round

Quick Reply: For Gr8 Let go or brown down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.