Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Raccoon problem..... >

Raccoon problem.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Raccoon problem.....

Old 05-15-2007, 12:35 PM

Default RE: Raccoon problem.....

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Live trap them and relocate them a couple offeet from the shore line in three feet of water in your pond. Let them get used to their new underwater environment over night then set them free in the morning.[]
Not trying to sound like a psycho or anything but I have done that a few times because everytime I tried to let them out of the trap they would try and attack me and I had strict orders not to shoot them. Nobody said anything about them drowning though.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Call HCH, doesn't he have a pest removal business?
Old 05-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rhino259

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Live trap them and relocate them a couple offeet from the shore line in three feet of water in your pond. Let them get used to their new underwater environment over night then set them free in the morning.[]
Not trying to sound like a psycho or anything but I have done that a few times because everytime I tried to let them out of the trap they would try and attack me and I had strict orders not to shoot them. Nobody said anything about them drowning though.
In PA its illegal to relocate them , if they are a problem they must be killed.
They are the # 1 carrier of rabies.................

This safe and humane........
Old 05-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

the deer in the pic is shedding... getting her brighter summer coat.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.rk19-bielefeld-mitte.de/survival/FM/08.htm#par3

Old 05-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw survivor man try that bottom one on a rabbit or squirrel once!
Old 05-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

He got one too! I saw that episode Troy.

Go ahead Buckeye - set that stone deadfall trap for your raccoons. You'll needto prop uppretty big rock to put the whoomp on a fully-grown coon.

I can read the headlines now. "Local Man Injured In Bizarre Accident"
Old 05-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you trap and relocate,, you might as well shoot them. Less than 30% of relocated animals survive the first year, due to lack of knowledge of their new area and other racoons in that new area. Plus you are just creating problems for someone else. I would wait until trapping season and get $10-$50 for each one of them.... Let's see $50 x 10 + $500. It would buy some nice food plot stuff or a start on a new bow. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nctaxi

If you trap and relocate,, you might as well shoot them. Less than 30% of relocated animals survive the first year, due to lack of knowledge of their new area and other racoons in that new area. Plus you are just creating problems for someone else. I would wait until trapping season and get $10-$50 for each one of them.... Let's see $50 x 10 + $500. It would buy some nice food plot stuff or a start on a new bow. Just my 2 cents.
That is a pretty big spread $10-$50. How do you know which one you have? Are taxidermists the only buyers these days?
Old 05-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you could keep deer from eating the corn some anti freeze corn would do the trick but i dont suggest it ( i wouldnt do and havent done it even though we have a few coons round here) i would live trap em and take em about 20 miles away and kick em outta the cage

Quick Reply: Raccoon problem.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.