Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 When is enough...enough!!! >

When is enough...enough!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When is enough...enough!!!

Old 05-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default When is enough...enough!!!

Man I see you guys talking about paying $200-$250 for camo and $150 for 1 dozen arrows got me to wondering. How do you justify spending these amounts. I have 3 different sets of camo that I wear during a typical season and I probably don't have $120 in all three. So my question is when is it finally enough?
Old 05-08-2007, 02:06 PM

Default RE: When is enough...enough!!!

It'll be enough when I'm dead.

This is my hobby, my passion, my obsession. I do it because it makes me happy, thats my justification. I can afford to, which helps.

Perhaps things will change slightly when I have a family to support, but I doubt it.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it all depends on your budget. Some people buy the latest, greatest and most expensive stuff every year, if they can afford it then i guess thats fine, but i have other things to spend money on (still hunting stuff though) haha
Old 05-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's enough when the wife says so.

Then you just sneak some more.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

It's enough when the wife says so.

Then you just sneak some more.
Hahah, that funny right there. I don't care who ya are...
Old 05-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Don't they still make "stuff"?

If so.....I'm likely to buy more.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

When I want something and I have the means, I get it. I work hard, I play harder.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I try to pace myself, both for my wallet and marital bliss. I usually try to pick up one big thing a year (bow, gun, etc.), often for Christmas/Birthday, and then I am on the lookout for a few smaller things throughout the year when I see a deal and the wife isn't looking.

I also think some people here are focusing on quality and not just quantity. Even though I just bought an ASAT 3-D Suit, I really haven't bought any camo the last 3 hunting seasons, and I intend to use this suit over various layers throughout the year. Same thing with my X-Scent socks, they cost 12 bucks, but I bought one pair and now my feet don't scare off deer for miles.

But I hear what you are saying, my little brother has a real gear addiction, he buys stuff that he never uses and has the best in every category of gear (hunting, sports, vehicle), and it pisses me off. Not always b/c I am jealous, but b/c he is wasting his money, and not paying off debt, and saving is a word I don't think he could define.

Buying gadgets and gear is something I think comes naturally to most guys, so if you can afford it and are not mortgaging your future to buy it, go for it.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:09 PM

Well said Lebeau Hunter. My friend is the same way. Our other buddy says "if I really want something bad enough, I don't buy it. I just wait long enough for himto buy it and then ask if I can borrow it."

That said, I "need" a lot of gear since I've only been at it a few years. I spread my purchases out over the year and that way they don't seem so signifigant. Plus, if you have a good relationship with your spouse and you work hard to provide for your family, you can get away with a lot.

Afteryou do some really labor intensive task around the house that she couldn't or doesn't want to do and that she really appreciates, start talking about how happy hunting makes you and then say, "But I really shouldn't buy it. So and so down at the pro shop just showed me how cool it is, but I'll just make do with this one for a few more years."
Old 05-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

I wear mine untill they are full of holes and glow in the dark in low light.Well,I guess I'm still wearing them,just not to bow hunt deer.I try to replace or add to mine every couple of years.Normally nothing real big $$$.My light weight stuff wears out most of the time.atleat it is cheaper to replace.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.