Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arrows entering target >

Arrows entering target

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrows entering target

Old 05-07-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Arrows entering target

sorry if this is the wrong forum, but this place gets 4 times the hits as the technical section, and this isnt that technical of a question...

i went and shot today..and i just had a new wb pad put on (myself) and shooting at a brand new redhead bag target. question is why are the arrows sticking in the bag at different angles, and how can it be fixed, assuming its a bad thing.

thnx for the quik replies if i get any bc i need this fixed asap for a bowshoot if its a bad thing.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:54 PM

Default RE: Arrows entering target

I would say that either the new WB is mounted in such a manner as to allow the arrow fletching to contact some part of the riser or rest; or the bag is moving a little each time an arrow hits it. And then there is possible wind factors . . . . I'm assuming the bow didn't do this before?
Old 05-07-2007, 02:59 PM

didnt notice it before if it did, not going to garauntee it didnt though, and no wind today while shooting. i measured where the wb was before sliding the pad out to replace and reset the new one very close to where the old one was, so i dont think fletching can touch riser or anypart of the rest besides the pad.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:07 PM

Bag targets are not a consistant medium so the arrows can often look like they are pointing in different directions or look like they are kicked off to the side or something.

If your arrows were hitting at an angle they should all be the same, not different from shot to shot. Shooting into a more solid target like foam or a 3-D target might give you more info on this.

Try to paper tune your bow at different distances and see what the arrow looks like when it is going through the paper. That would be the best way to tell. You need to have fairly consistant form and grip to do this though.

Paul