Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

trophy ridge

Old 12-20-2002, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: trophy ridge

I have been using the flat liner this season with no problems. In my opinion the vertical sight pin arangement blocks less of the target then does the horizontal arangement. The light gathering capabilities of this sight are also very good.
Old 12-20-2002, 11:19 AM

Mine moved a bit as well (side to side) Allen bolts DID fix that for ME though...just crank 'em TIGHT!
Old 12-20-2002, 02:05 PM
pup

those sights that where coming loose did they have the shock absorbing system?

small but deadly
Old 12-20-2002, 05:57 PM

I had some problems with movement on my Trophy Ridge Flatliner. I bought the sight when it was a relatively new design. I have had no problems with my newer Trophy Ridge Matrix; it does have the dampers.

Old 12-21-2002, 03:54 PM

I have the matrix and i love it no problems with the pins blocking my sight easy to adjust try to replace the thumb screws with allen screws that is what i did and i have no problem with the site moving
Old 12-21-2002, 05:04 PM

The pins are way to fragile for me to bring in the woods. If they beef them up I may think of buying it again. They do move with the wing nuts and you must pu better bolts on them.

elknut - put good allen bolts on that sight!! I don't know how you can put up with a sight that moves every 25 shots. Talk about pushing your luck.
Old 12-22-2002, 07:56 PM

i bought the matrix in august and by sept. i had already broke a pin.the sight is very fragile.but everything that is wrong with it trophy ridge is fixing.seen in a magazine article where the new version has steel pins,the pins are .019 wide,and they put the bright orange ring around the sight for easy peep alignment.looks like i'll be shelling out another 100 bucks.always something with archery.
Old 12-23-2002, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

There is a version of the flatliner I think its called the extreme that is much more durable, I know Cabelas and Redhead offers them and you can probably find them on line. Overall the Trophy Ridge is a great sight. For those that have problems with the sight moving just take a pair of pliers and tighten them, finger tight never works on anything.