Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Stampede

Old 05-02-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Deer Stampede

I was at the range today shooting the flats in the woods, and a stampede of about 6 deer come barreling through! I was right next to a step stand, so I climbed it when they were still about 100 yards away going nuts. A few even came within about 30 yards of where I was, and never stopped running crazily in circles and all over the place. It was a beautiful sight, and definitely got my blood pumping!!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Stampede

Haha, thats funny. I saw quite a few deer last weekend while turkey hunting. They were all running around playing full of energy
Old 05-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Stampede

I've seen about twenty blast thru the woods once. I was standing and a single dogger was doing a slow walk towards me, I was on a hardwood knoll that could see into a cedar grove and all I saw was flag after flag dodging thru the trees, no shot but its one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

sorry, just realized this is the bow forum