Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any Particular Deer? >

Any Particular Deer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any Particular Deer?

Old 04-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Any Particular Deer?

Is there any particular deer that you are excited to see next year? One that might just be your target buck for next year? Post some pictures up, I have two. The first one, This buck was young this year and Im really excited to see how he turns out next year. He could turn out pretty neat. The other could be a really good buck next year. How old do you think the oddball buck is?

POst some pictures and stories or encounters with em!

Old 04-19-2007, 07:03 PM

Default RE: Any Particular Deer?

I'll be keeping a lookout for the big guy who left this behind;

Old 04-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do not have any picks but he is about 21" wide and had G2's about a foot long lastseason. I only saw him once, hopefully I will see him again.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

hopefully one of the many illegal bucks i let walk this year...most of them should be brutes...but most of them are probably dead.

and id like to see the one that ducked the string and took my arrow high. if noone else killed him he made it. a couple of my buddys missed him with rifles. id love to see him again.

theres one particular buck that was a NICE 6pt. HIGH and wide. not much mass orthe 4th point to make him legal. i had binocs on him for minutes...couldnt believe he wasnt legal. but i heard someone killed him in rifle...we will see whats around come late summer...

my area gets hunted to hard to get my hopes too high before i see or hear about whats alive. i let OTHER people go spotting etc and tell me what bucks made it. none of my buddies bowhunt so they give me first hand info. i dont like to see bucks and get excited over them...my buddies tell me where they see good bucks and i already know all the areas and know where the stand gotta go up...good deal we got worked out...they know if i kill one with the bow that i will drive for them come rifle season....and when i need trackers they are the first ones there..
Old 04-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

this guy

Old 04-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't have enough time nor the hunting set up to really pick out a deer from one year to the next to try and hunt. I don't hang trail cams and my areas get pounded with pressure. AllI have to go in is either seeing a cupke nice ones while spotting or "assuming" there are some nice ones in the area. Then just set up accordingly

Old 04-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 04-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

This guy is all mine

Old 04-21-2007, 04:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Awe come on Germ. With a brute like that wandering around your woods you should be more generous and let the rest of us have a crack at him.

Washington Hunter: I didn't know you had deer like that in Washington state. I'd be looking for him in a serious way too.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm interested to see what this guy looks like this year. I saw him the last half hour of the last day of late archery last season. So unless he didn't survive old man winter he should be around. There's also a 10 pointer that goes 130 - 140ish that I saw all last year but don't have any pics of. I'm really hoping to meet up with him.

Quick Reply: Any Particular Deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.