Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why do people think it's supposed to be so easy? >

Why do people think it's supposed to be so easy?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do people think it's supposed to be so easy?

Old 04-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do people think it's supposed to be so easy?

WOW![:-] This topic has took off huh?

In my world the top Priorities are God, Family and then Hunting.

1. If not for the blessings from god, I would not have anything....nuff said!

2. Family covers a lot.I am the sole provider for my wife and my little girl. Ican'tonly make choices based on what I alone want. I have to consider the 2 ladies in my life inevery decision I make. What gets effected by this? Everything....not just hunting. Less money because my wife and I decided that her staying home withour child was more important than anything that the extra $$ could provide from her working.

Rather than limit my hunting time, I eliminated basically everything else that I used to do or spend my money on. My wife has also made similar sacrifices.....

No more............Two4 day trips to Bristol TN each year to watch em race @ roughly $400.00 per trip........no more new Bow every other year............no more buying a new gun every year..............no new ATV, Truck, Camper or Boat.

No, I do not have these new things to enjoy, but I have the most important things covered.......

I can hunt with my old Bow/Gun.....both are still killin deer. I can still ride my old ATV to carry em out of the woods...... and I can use my re-built 2003 Trailblazer to get it all back home. The camper and boat are not missed too much because I spend most of my summers now planning my hunts and hanging stands.....

At the end of the day I don't feel like I have sacrificed anything for hunting. I sacrificed other things for my family and that's OK with me.

As for work......all I can say is that it does get in the way from Oct to Dec. every year!

Lighten up fellas! Hunting is supposed to be fun!
Old 04-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Reasons and excuses are two different things. If I see something as a reason and I'm not whining about thatsomething why must it be seen as an excuse? EDIT: I don't blame anyone else for what they shoot. No matter the size if it was taken fair chase, if it was canned, well that is another can of worms. So if I don't point fingers at folks for shooting big deer why must a finger be pointed at me for lacking the desire to make the sacrifices needed to kill big deer.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:15 PM

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Reasons and excuses are two different things. If I see something as a reason and I'm not whining about thatsomething why must it be seen as an excuse?
good point
Old 04-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

WOW![:-] This topic has took off huh?

In my world the top Priorities are God, Family and then Hunting.

1. If not for the blessings from god, I would not have anything....nuff said!

2. Family covers a lot.I am the sole provider for my wife and my little girl. Ican'tonly make choices based on what I alone want. I have to consider the 2 ladies in my life inevery decision I make. What gets effected by this? Everything....not just hunting. Less money because my wife and I decided that her staying home withour child was more important than anything that the extra $$ could provide from her working.

Rather than limit my hunting time, I eliminated basically everything else that I used to do or spend my money on. My wife has also made similar sacrifices.....

No more............Two4 day trips to Bristol TN each year to watch em race @ roughly $400.00 per trip........no more new Bow every other year............no more buying a new gun every year..............no new ATV, Truck, Camper or Boat.

No, I do not have these new things to enjoy, but I have the most important things covered.......

I can hunt with my old Bow/Gun.....both are still killin deer. I can still ride my old ATV to carry em out of the woods...... and I can use my re-built 2003 Trailblazer to get it all back home. The camper and boat are not missed too much because I spend most of my summers now planning my hunts and hanging stands.....

At the end of the day I don't feel like I have sacrificed anything for hunting. I sacrificed other things for my family and that's OK with me.

As for work......all I can say is that it does get in the way from Oct to Dec. every year!

Lighten up fellas! Hunting is supposed to be fun!
You're bunking with me in KY

When I don't score a buckyear I took the job withCabelas was no one's fault but my own. I knew all my time was going to be eating up. I made the choice, I did not have to take the job. I simple say I did not get the job done. I only blame me, not the amount of time I put in, just me.

Ok I have to get back to work.

Burbaust I totally understand where you are coming from, but think the point is being mis-understood. Just what I think.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're bunking with me in KY
No spooning Germ and I don't care how cold it is!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2007, 02:04 PM

OK, I want to take this topic in a slightly different direction if I may.
Of those who have read my book, did anyone get the underlying message that I tried to convey that it is paople (family and friends) that makes hunting special? I get a little irritated when it is suggested that I sacrificed time from my family to chase big bucks. If you have a copy of the book please read pages 6,16&17, 206&207then maybe you will better understand me and see why I have taken the stance that I have. Look at how I started the book and how I ended it. Someone pelase check that out and then report back to everyone else.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't read the book. I may as I find you to be well written and concise. My comments are based stricktly on what I have read in this thread. I am not taking any sides here. I am just interjecting my views and opinions.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Outdoor writer

Of those who have read my book, did anyone get the underlying message that I tried to convey that it is paople (family and friends) that makes hunting special? I get a little irritated when it is suggested that I sacrificed time from my family to chase big bucks. If you have a copy of the book please read pages 6,16&17, 206&207then maybe you will better understand me and see why I have taken the stance that I have. Look at how I started the book and how I ended it. Someone pelase check that out and then report back to everyone else.

Wow Don..........you're really making friends fast around here

I wonder why it is you say stuff like the above quote and then the following when your book indicates otherwise.

I am not talking about or suggesting that anyone put hunting before family like has been hinted.

I respect the nod to gave to family and buddies who passed on but if you are gonna say something in print you should stand by it.

A better quote to read is on page 132 where you tell everyone that their goal should reflect the time they are willing to sacrifice from from other activities including work and family.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Wow Don..........you're really making friends fast around here

I wonder why it is you say stuff like the above quote and then the following when your book indicates otherwise.

I am not talking about or suggesting that anyone put hunting before family like has been hinted.

I respect the nod to gave to family and buddies who passed on but if you are gonna say something in print you should stand by it.

A better quote to read is on page 132 where you tell everyone that their goal should reflect the time they are willing to sacrifice from from other activities including work and family.
You are too funny, I hope 47 gets here quick for you Than what will you say

Don I understand what you are saying, now I have a date with my daughter. Were buying Turkey Gear tonight for her.Our first hunting trip together is next week
Old 04-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did get your message Mr. Higgins, on family and friends while hunting,and fully understand it. My fiance has gone out into the woods with me many times over and they all out rank my best buck kills just because she was there. They still remain that way today.

The people I have met along the way, while hunting, have been amazing. I luckily get to hunt with long time high school friend HNI Justin every year, which is always a good time. Hunting has introduced me to Todd Graf, our fearless leader, who has become a friend since HNI started in 1995! The first time we hung out was opening day that same year when we hunted alongside each other. Last year I introduced another long time friend, Jeremy, to bow hunting and this will be his second season at it.

I didn't need your book to tell me what I already knew.. but I got the message when reading it Don.

Quick Reply: Why do people think it's supposed to be so easy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.