Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech...money down the drain >

Bowtech...money down the drain

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech...money down the drain

Old 04-11-2007, 06:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bowtech...money down the drain

But whats with the 40-some other holes, some are complete 0's. Not to mention the plethra of 6's and 7's..Would have been more impressed with a clean target. The resulting robinhood looks more like happenstance.
Sorry to disappoint.However, I do not typically put up a "clean" target when I am group tuning. Those holes were probably in the target for twomonths or more.

Len,

Thank you kindly for the tip. Have you found any negatives to switching the cable orientation?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

good shooting

[/align]
Old 04-11-2007, 07:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

You know, I will Be glad to help you out and cut your losses, I will take that off your hands at a much reduced price, say $50, so you don't hurt anymore innocent arrows.
That is a very generous offer.[8D]

Had to be the bow, not the shooter
Absolutely. I stink at shooting.

Frank, what you couldn't even get all three arrows in the X on the Vegas face? That bow does stink. Nice shooting.

Oh, and notice how much more "penetration" you got that that Hoyt got in JR 120's post.
Sorry, Iam having an off year. I was quite impressed with the penetration actually. At 61 pounds it puts up some impressive numbers.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I first started shooting about 5 years ago the smack of two arrows together was the sound of success.

But now, all I hear is the cash register printing another receipt....

Nice work!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

Sorry to disappoint.However, I do not typically put up a "clean" target when I am group tuning. Those holes were probably in the target for twomonths or more.

Len,

Thank you kindly for the tip. Have you found any negatives to switching the cable orientation?
Figured it wasn't your target..but hey someone had to mention it!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Frank.

Nice shooting now you can back up a little more

Thats one of the reasons I dont shoot groups under 70 yards with my Commander the thing is justtoo darn accurate
Old 04-11-2007, 02:43 PM

That's why I quit shooting groups soon as I bought my mathews, Iwas ruining at least two arrows(robin hoods) every time out!!! Don't get mad get a Mat!!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Dominant Buck

....soon as I bought my mathews, I was ruining at least two arrows(robin hoods) every time out!!!
That statement right there proves they're mostly luck. [8D][8D]
Old 04-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Atta boy, I expected something else but I knew better coming from you Frank. Awesome job. Keep it up, sorta....lol one reason I aim for different spots, ACC's are expensive.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:11 PM

Frank:

Once you cross the cables below the cable guard, there will be two possible orientations - inside out and outside in. Call me if you want an explanation of that.

One way will give you good clearance between the cables butmay allow the upper cam to touch the cable at the longest DLs. The other way will give you more cam clearance but will allow the cables to touch where they cross. I've noticed no deterioration with either way.

One more thing. You will know when you need a new string and/or cables. The bow is so shock and vibration free that a bad string and/or cables will slowly bring about positives concerning those aspects.

Quick Reply: Bowtech...money down the drain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.