Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech...money down the drain >

Bowtech...money down the drain

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech...money down the drain

Old 04-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech...money down the drain

ya i have never done that but today when i was practingn in my yard and i drew my arrow and in the middle of my draw the nock split in half and thats not even the forst time it gets kinda scary
Old 04-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

very nice. still lookin to get one with my bowtech.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Childers.... always check those nocks before you put an arrow on the string. Just stick your thumb nail in the nocks slot and apply a little pressure to each side. A weak or hit nock will instantly reveal itself. I also run my fingers around the outside, especially at the ends of the nock slit checking for hit's or burrs indicating a hit. It can be dangerous to shoot these half busted nocks. It can go off at weird angle endangering others and property or it can become the almost instant dry fire ruining equipment. You find a weak one immediately yank the nock and stick the arrow in your quiver upside downso you don't accidently try to shoot it.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:06 AM

no doubt davidmil. an exploding pin nock cost me a set of limbs last year. i love those things, but i don't shoot them anymore.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

I thought you guys might appreciate a little humor, especially after some of the threads on here and the technical forum lately.

I have finally had the time to really "sit down" and get to know the Commander a bit better. I was tinkering with group tuning a bit when this little "incident" occurred. I was setting a bow up for a new shooter not that long afterwards and after they saw these two arrows sitting on the counter he asked if it was some type of "joke". I wish, then I wouldn't be out ten dollars. As was mentioned earlier, thank heavens I do not shoot ACCs.

Definitely some great advice on checking your nocks regularly....especially if you shoot multiple arrows at the same target. I just found one yesterday that, thought it wasn't broken, was really starting to loosen up on the string. Time for a change across the board.

I know many folks on here could probably pull this off regularly. I just haven't had the time to really shoot as much as I once did so when something like this happens it definitely feels gratifying.

Now I just have to figure out how to set up my Guardian once it shows up. [8D]
Old 04-11-2007, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the RobinHood..But whats with the 40-some other holes, some are complete 0's. Not to mention the plethra of 6's and 7's..Would have been more impressed with a clean target. The resulting robinhood looks more like happenstance.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:17 AM

Frank:

Good shooting. But like I told Davidmil, with the cost of good arrows these days, don't shoot groups. I've got some of the old skinny Beman Huntersthat have been 'Robinhooded'.

I'll let you in on a little secret about shooting your long DL with the Guardian. You've heard about the cable 'rubbing' the cam at full draw. While this is as drastic as it sounds, it does happen because of an extensive draw on a shorter ata bow.

BowTech has always had a habit of crossing the cables above the cable guard which is a carryover from their one-cam days. Cross the cables below the cable guard (where they would naturally sit)and 'play' with the configuration and that problem will be reduced or eliminated.

Good luck and good shooting.

Ps Did you see where someone commented about colors. Color this! Wakes you up, doesn't it????

Old 04-11-2007, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

You know, I will Be glad to help you out and cut your losses, I will take that off your hands at a much reduced price, say $50, so you don't hurt anymore innocent arrows.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:45 AM

Had to be the bow, not the shooter
Old 04-11-2007, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Frank, what you couldn't even get all three arrows in the X on the Vegas face? That bow does stink. Nice shooting.

Oh, and notice how much more "penetration" you got that that Hoyt got in JR 120's post.

Quick Reply: Bowtech...money down the drain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.