Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is all the HYPE about?Bowtech? >

What is all the HYPE about?Bowtech?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is all the HYPE about?Bowtech?

Old 04-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What is all the HYPE about?Bowtech?

Im not bashing the bowtech guardian or allegiance,i actually like the design of the bows! But i just cant get past all the hype of the bows when i have been reading on here for the past few months about all the problems people are having with cam lean and such? I mean im sure they WILL be great bows but i dont know if i could even consider buyin one anytime soon, but meanwhie a ot of people are ordering them everyday? Am i crazy? AND once again i am not bashing nothing! Just wondering??
Old 04-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What is all the HYPE about?Bowtech?

Well after shooting Hoyts for more than 10 years, last year I test fired the Switchback, the Trykon, the Allegiance and Tribute and for me at least, hands down the Alley was top of the line, again for me anyways. The Tryk was a close second.

I have zero cam lean, perfect flight, tune, it's quiet, in fact indoors a couple couldn't get over how quiet it was for the speed and KE I'm putting out. It's a win, win, quiet, vibration free and all that speed...what's not to love!

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1421735
Old 04-08-2007, 07:40 PM

You know, BT makes darn fine bows, there's no question of that....BUT.....we had an Allegiance traded in last month, so....having never shot a bowtech, I messed around w/ it a bit......

I gotta be 100% honest.....I was simply not impressed. Now, in fariness, we don't sell them, so we don't know how to "tweak" them.....but I found it loud, a horse to pull, and just not fun to shoot....that's just me though.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

mobow, hopefully we'll get to share a camp and I'll let ya shoot mine.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

mobow, hopefully we'll get to share a camp and I'll let ya shoot mine.
I could go for that.....I hope so....I just didn't like it...Wasn't for me.....but like I said, we don't know jack about them, so we weren't able to really mess with it to pull max performance out of it......Sharp looking bow though, that's for sure.

It had this.......I don't know how to splain it.....hollow "pop" to it when shot.....Unlike any other bow I've heard before.....Well.....that's not entirely accurate either.....Elite is similar...

That Ally all but jumped out of my hand...I'm almost thinking there was something wrong w/ that particular one, it goes agains most of what I've heard about them. But, based on shooting that one, I have no intentions of every owning one.....
Old 04-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Look around for a thread from Len on here... he pretty much debunks the whole "cam lean" thing, as he's proven with lasers that the Guardians have less cam lean than any other bow out there utilizing cable slides -- and Len, if you don't know -- is widely regarded to be among the most technically proficient of anyone who regularly participates on these forums.

I don't know what was going on with your model you had mobow... but my Allegiance is a dream to shoot, and is as quiet as any of my Mathews I owned -- including my MQ-1 and my Switchback XT.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Look around for a thread from Len on here... he pretty much debunks the whole "cam lean" thing, as he's proven with lasers that the Guardians have less cam lean than any other bow out there utilizing cable slide

I seen lens post about him explaining the cam lean thats what got me thinking about it? Maybe people are seeing the probems with them because they are so popular, and being shot more then most right now??? My thing is there is no article on say like mathews, hoyt,ross,or any bow generally speaking where they are having a continuous problem? It seems like anyways? I mean why else would Len have even done a test for cam lean on the bowtech if it wasnt a probem?
Old 04-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Look around for a thread from Len on here... he pretty much debunks the whole "cam lean" thing, as he's proven with lasers that the Guardians have less cam lean than any other bow out there utilizing cable slides -- and Len, if you don't know -- is widely regarded to be among the most technically proficient of anyone who regularly participates on these forums.

I don't know what was going on with your model you had mobow... but my Allegiance is a dream to shoot, and is as quiet as any of my Mathews I owned -- including my MQ-1 and my Switchback XT.
Bowtech has admitted cam lean in their models. I haven't seen cam lean in the Guardian model.

According to the 2007 catalog cam lean is addressed for the Allegiance and Tribute models. I'm not sure though, because I definitely found cam lean in the Tribute 2007 model.

I feel Bowtech is doing much to improve their product line-they certainly have made enhancements in their 2007 models over their 2006 models.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:47 PM

The good hype you read is from happy customers that are enjoying their purchases. Most of the bad hype you read is from those that are not happy about reading the good hype

Old 04-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

The good hype you read is from happy customers that are enjoying their purchases. Most of the bad hype you read is from those that are not happy about reading the good hype
Or can not afford the hype

Quick Reply: What is all the HYPE about?Bowtech?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.